Menu
Chinese college girls’ marriage values!
Mar 4, 2009 20:54
  • CHERRY07
The following are excerpted from a survey that was conducted to investigate Chinese college girls’ marriage values.

No.1 Cohabitation (trial marriage) is acceptable.

According to the survey, about 80 percent participants say that cohabitation is ok. Besides, they think trial marriage is good and it can be used to test if two sides are compatible with each other.

No.2 “Flash Marriage” is unacceptable.

No.3 Premarital sex is ok. If you decided to cohabit with sb, you should have known that premarital sex is unavoidable.

No.4 “Bread” is more important than love. Will you marry a guy who can’t meet your basic living needs? “At least, he should have a stable job and income (Of course, he should earn more than me). An apartment is a necessity. It would be better if he had a car.”

No.5 The sense of security is the priority.

Every girl dreams of marrying her Prince Charming. Unfortunately, Prince Charming is hard to find in real life. A guy who can take care of her and make her feel very secure like her father is the best candidate.

No.6 Getting married is a task.

Some girls just take marriage as a task. They obey their parents’ order to get married. If their parents want to have a grandson or granddaughter, they will make their dreams come true.

No.7 “If he had an affair with another woman, I will give him a chance to reform.”

If he cheats you or has an affair with another woman, what are you going to do? About 50 percent says this is unforgivable. 30 percent will give their lovers a chance to reform.

If you were faced to deal with this situation, what will you do, forgive him or divorce him?

No.8 Most girls derive their marriage values from their parents.

Mar 5, 2009 01:41
  • DAVEC
no7, get rid of them. if someone has it in their nature to be unfaithful they will not reform
Mar 5, 2009 02:10
GUESTEXAS Yo davec life must suck for you for sure... u look it
Mar 5, 2009 03:20
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

No.7 “If he had an affair with another woman, I will give him a chance to reform.”

Girls seem to become more generous. If I were a girl, I wouldn't forgive this. There are some rules that we have to obey. Can you forget this and live with him as happily as before? A broken mirror can never be made up.
Mar 5, 2009 12:57
  • CARLOS
True, Jimmy.

Yo, BY, I´ve been away for a while and I must say it has been refreshing reading your new style intellectual comments about people. It is nice to notice the flexibility and capability for changing style.

Carlos
Mar 5, 2009 20:15
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Quote:
No.6 Getting married is a task.

Some girls just take marriage as a task. They obey their parents’ order to get married. If their parents want to have a grandson or granddaughter, they will make their dreams come true.

I am not saying being filial to the parents is wrong. But they shouldn't sacrifice their marriage to amuse their parents. I can understand why parents want to have their grandson/granddaughter so eagerly. But you can't marry sb without knowing him. Be good to yourself.
Mar 5, 2009 21:13
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Just wondering. Is cohabitation or trial marriage acceptable to Chinese parents or is this something that is hidden from them? What is flash marriage? A fast marriage? A shotgun marriage? A marriage in a hurry because the girl is already pregnant? I’m trying to think. LOL!

Mar 5, 2009 21:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Girls seem to become more generous. If I were a girl, I wouldn't forgive this. There are some rules that we have to obey. Can you forget this and live with him as happily as before? A broken mirror can never be made up.

I read it once before, ‘Once a cheater, always a cheater.’ If they know that they will be given another chance, it is a signal for them to keep doing it. What will make them stop? For many, forgiving is the easy part. The forgetting about it part is impossible. It’s like trying to forget that a family member died. The other spouse will always wonder if the offending spouse really changed. It will never go away. This is the element of it that cheaters will never realize. Of course, some don’t mind if their partner is cheating and one can choose to believe that it will never happen again, but that doesn’t mean it won’t.
Mar 8, 2009 22:37
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE

Just wondering. Is cohabitation or trial marriage acceptable to Chinese parents or is this something that is hidden from them? What is flash marriage? A fast marriage? A shotgun marriage? A marriage in a hurry because the girl is already pregnant? I’m trying to think. LOL!

Well, Chinese parents have become opener than before. Some of them can accept cohabitation or trial marriage. Flash marriage is fast marriage. It happens to those boys and girls who just know each other for a short while. The fastest marriage I have known is that a boy married a girl after they chatted online for only four hours. Unfortunately, the results of those flash marriages are not as good as we expect. After getting married, they just realized that they were not meant to be a couple.

SHESGOTTOBE, if a boy marries a girl who is already pregnant, we say he just "奉子成婚"---getting married for the kid.
Mar 24, 2009 14:37
GUESTPERRY I am american white male 60 years old and looking for an asian wife. I do not drink, smoke or use drugs. I am not an abuser of women and have never struck a woman. I would like to find a slender girl about 35 to marry and settle in Ensenada Mexico or USA. I would also entertain the thought of marrying a girl just to get her papers (I had 4 offers like this years ago...the families were paying US$35,000 for a marriage that let to papers...half up front and half when all is completed. anyway, I want a fun girl who is never shy or timid and would also like to occationally attend a swinger party. More at gmail.com|perryking2 write me with bio, measurements, photos
Apr 7, 2009 02:35
  • ZOEY
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE

‘Once a cheater, always a cheater.’

Well said, SHESGOTTOBE.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese college girls’ marriage values!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code