Menu
Why do you have an opinion,its not your country.
Mar 5, 2009 01:20
  • JOSHIRV57
Its a sure thing.If you do not live in the United States,and you do not vote,
Your opinion is useless,and not worth your effort.Why do you want to talk
about a man,or men,from a country you do not understand,and so fast to
judge,when your own country(which ever that is) is no better,and and may
have dreadful leaders,who are far worse,whom carry out the responsibilites
as they see fit for their country. Why has your country not become a count
ry of leadership,and why does your country,adopt many lessons from the
free worlds.Why isnt your country a leader,instead of being a follower??
Mar 5, 2009 01:33
  • DAVEC
People are allowed to have opinions and always will be. Its called freedom of speach.

If you do not understand someones opinion you can still appreciate that they have it. They will have a reason for that opinion.

Are you so sure you have never voiced an opinion about someone or something that you really dont have any right to??
Mar 5, 2009 02:07
GUESTEXAS Because we are Americans, the best most powerful country on the planet; when we say something the world listens and follows...
Mar 5, 2009 02:28
  • DODGER
This is a funny post.
We have Josh/Blue/Guest talking to himself.
So now, we need to Add guest Texas to the list. This could get very confusing.
So tell us Josh/BY/Guest/Texas, just how many inane remarks have you made on this forum?
Dodger.
Mar 5, 2009 10:51
  • CARLOS
I know a guy from the US, well, I think he might be from there. Perhaps he is from Texas, where all is so very much bigger than in other places, perhaps stupidity too? To tell the truth, I have never seen him, but every now and then I have read his opinions about other people who I imagine he don´t know. He has every right for that even thought he sometimes goes over the line.

My country is a leader, only others don´t follow, heh.

Carlos
Mar 5, 2009 10:52
  • CARLOS
Oh, the question, why do I have an opinion?

Because I think, of course. You should try it too.

Carlos
Mar 5, 2009 21:35
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Opinion is just that, an opinion. Don’t take any offense from it. Everyone has a right to freedom of speech unless you get censored or put behind bars for speaking your mind. Now, that doesn’t sound like United States of America, does it? If you want others to follow your lead, then allow them to exercise the same rights you have so they can see the benefit for themselves. As you can see, it is really very hard to make others follow you if you don’t practice what you preach.

Besides, if you look at the bigger picture, we are all connected. What happens to/in another country affects us all, so it is only natural to want to have an input. This is not a contest on who has the best/worst leader. Whether it is about the environment, human rights or the economy, we are all in this together, so just because we do not vote, our opinion is not useless or not worth anything. That is a typical display of arrogance. It seems that it is lost on you that America has always had inputs in other countries’ affairs even though they are NOT your countries. Have you ever wondered why world leaders talk and consult with each other? Do you think they are just talking about the colors and patterns of their neck ties?

Brain, use it or lose it. There has got to be a reason we all have one. But of course, that is just my opinion and you have a right to act like you don’t have one. *shrug*
Mar 6, 2009 04:24
  • DODGER
Nicely said She.
Dodger.
Mar 6, 2009 11:51
  • SETH
If I'm not mistaken, one of the liberties and freedoms protected by the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights is the freedom to be a complete jerk! Nice to see JOSHIRV57 and GUESTEXAS exercising their freedoms.

SHESGOTTOBE expressed something quite profound by saying "we are all connected". This is ever so apparent from the current world econoimc crisis. America stumbled economically, and the world is hurting as well. JOSHIRV57's post is ridiculous at best, but GUESTEXAS' post is obnoxious beyond belief.

I love my country, but part of that love is the desire to see her become better on all fronts, including as a partner in the world. World opinion does matter, if one is to be a good neighbor. Snotty and arrogant comments like those from JOSHIRV57 and GUESTEXAS taint all decent Americans and leave a wrong impression. All countries and all societies seem to have their dregs ... so please don't judge us by our dregs.
Mar 7, 2009 00:57
  • DODGER
“All countries and all societies seem to have their dregs ... so please don't judge us by our dregs.”
Seth, every village has one so I suppose it’s only fair that we have one too.
I think I’m going to miss him when he finally succumbs to his terminal illness.
Dodger.
Mar 10, 2009 23:53
GUESTEXAS life must suck for you dodge
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do you have an opinion,its not your country.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code