Menu
Are iPods popular in China?
Mar 6, 2009 00:53
  • VIOLA888
I'm doing a report and I can not find much information about iPods in China.

Are they popular in China? Before Apple Store was opened in 2008, were they sold through authorized dealers? If so what were they?
Mar 6, 2009 06:10
  • SASHA
Sure they are popular in China... maybe it's not easy to see that, since China is huge market and lots of fake goods is going around, but I still see many people have them, lots of shops sell them, and from time to time huge advertisement on the streets or shopping malls is telling us that Apple is probably doing well in China...

I'm not sure about dealers network, but I can see them selling in any bigger electronic shops or computer streets in any city... though me and my friends buy ours in Hong Kong since it's cheaper... (in China you can also buy them online on Apple.com.cn, and Newegg.com.cn have promotions too)
Last edited by SASHA: Mar 6, 2009 06:11
Mar 8, 2009 22:22
  • JIMMYB
In mainland, you can buy ipods via legal channels. However, iphone hasn't been introduced to Chinese mainland yet. Those iphones appear in Chinese market are almost smuggled from abroad. At present, China Unicom is negotiating with Apple. Some sources have reported that Iphone will be sold by China Unicom in early May. This is good news for those "Apple Fans".
Apr 2, 2009 22:30
GUEST4381 Jimmyb, it is said that China Unicom has made a deal with Apple. As you said, iphone will come to Chinese mainland in early May. However, some functions might be canceled, for example, wifi.
Post a Reply to: Are iPods popular in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code