Menu
Huangshan trip
Mar 8, 2009 16:40
  • ROBBE
Hey guys!

I'm trying to plan my travel to Huangshan. I'd like to hike and/or drive by cable car from the south to the north area. I'll start at Tangkou and want reach Taiping Lake and continue there to Jiuhuashan.

So now my special questions:

1.) Any cheap hotels (sleeping accommodation) in the middle of Huangshan Mountains near the cablecar stations?
2.) What's the fastes way from Taiping to Jiuhuashan? Taxi possible? (I don't know the distance between both places)
3.) How many days do you recommend for Huangshan - Jiuhuashan? I have only 4 days (on the 4th day I must be in Nanjing or Hangzhou...) Realistic? Otherwise I wouldn't go to Jiuhuashan.
4.) Do I get faster from Jiuhuashan to Hangzhou or Nanjing? And how long takes the ride?

I hope you can help me! These won't be my last questions :D
Mar 8, 2009 21:34
  • ELLYSE
Drive???
1) Near the bottom or top station? Of which cable car? (There're 3.)
2) Taxi, but it'll cost quite a fair bit of money. There're buses.
3) Not really. I haven't been to Jiuhuashan, but I think your schedule would be pushing it a bit. Up to you though, you might be a fast hiker for all I know.
4) Nanjing, I believe. Bus Jiuhuashan -- Nanjing takes about 4 hours. Or take bus (around 1 hour) Jiuhuashan -- Chizhou, then train (4.5-5.5 hours) Chizhou -- Nanjing.
Mar 9, 2009 09:34
  • STEVENSD
Welcome to HuangShan,I am work in TangKou as a guider,I believe I can give you any help whatever you want.My email is :tom.com|stevensd
Mar 10, 2009 01:13
GUEST97228 Dear Ellyse,
I am 55 years old Singaporean retiree plan to tour Sichuan ( first visit-DIY) from 1-12 April,2009.
Would like to seek your assistance and advice. I have emailed you and look forward to receive
your reply soon.
Thank you.
Post a Reply to: Huangshan trip
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code