Menu
jiuzhaigou,huanglong
Mar 11, 2009 12:48
  • COCOATNY
1.In regard to the three places-chengdu,huanglong,jiuzhaigou,how much time should be spend in the three regions to do an adequate coverage for the tourist?

2. I have several figures as to what the elevation of the three areas is, but as far as the latter two places, I have no idea as to if the numbers are in the mountains or in the valleys. This is very important because some of us are older and can not stand the upper heights. Can you give me some ideas as to the height of Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou would be in where cars drive?
Mar 12, 2009 00:16
  • ELLYSE
Perhaps 2-3 days for Chengdu, half a day for Huanglong and 1-2 days for Jiuzhaigou.
Mar 14, 2009 04:52
  • GAFFER
We were travelling in Chengdu, Jiuzhaigoua and Huanglong in 2007 before the earthquake. I was informed by locals that altitude in the area was in excess of 4000m, they also advised buying some Chinese herbal anti altitide sickness pills which I did and didn't seem to suffer any adverse effects other than shortage of breath and increased heart rate, which I expected. Not sure if they worked or if I would not have suffered problems anyway. My partner (who didn't take the pills) complained that she had a little difficulty concentrating at times (but she didn't seem any different from usual to me ;o) We took the cable car (if it is still there) part way up Huanglong then walked the rest at a steady pace taking plenty of rests on the many benches provided. Most of the older tourists purchased oxygen cans at the store and seemed to use them. We walked all the way down and had a most enjoyable day there. Sorry I can't comment on any road access.
Sep 6, 2009 16:53
GUESTBENNYROTH
We will be travelling to Jiuzhaigou during the second week of October and would like some information regarding a possible half day tour of Huang Long on our way from the airport to Jiuzhaigou .
How serious is the altitude sickness in the park ? How far does the cable car go ? How much can one see if you only go by cable car , walk around and return by cable car ? Is the way down also strenuos ?
I am asking these questions after reading certain travelogues that mention the problem and since we are in our sixties we need to get information from a reliable source .
Best regards , Benny Roth <gmail.com|bennyroth2>
Post a Reply to: jiuzhaigou,huanglong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code