Menu
Teaching in Haikou
Mar 17, 2009 19:11
  • LINZ811
Hello, if anyone out there can help me, I would really appreciate it (I'm going nuts)

I want to move, from Vancouver Canada, to Haikou as soon as possible. I've been looking up all the schools trying to find a teaching position, but having a difficult time. It's as is there's too much information on certain schools and no info on others.
Has anyone heard of or worked at Haikou Premier Chinese & Foreign Language Training School?
What should I hope for as a salary?
If there's anyone who's currently working at a school in Haikou or can help me at all, PLEASE post, or email me at:
hotmail.com|linz811

Thanks so much,
Lindsay

Nov 24, 2009 06:58
GUEST79247 Is that the one with James Ong? well if thats it then its new... no one experienced it yet.
Jan 23, 2010 21:36
GUEST99188 Hey, I'm currently in The Hainan Premier School of Language studying Chinese. I know there are a couple of full time positions available here for foreign teachers. The area is one of the nicest I've been to in China so far. I'm not sure what to look for in terms of salary, I'm going to try for one of the positions, and ask for a salary of 6000RMB or 5000RMB + accommodation. It's a nice place though. I'd recommend it.
Jan 27, 2010 09:30
GUEST21955 Hello,
I looked into working at that school when I arrived in Haikou about 8 months ago. I heard from a few people that the owner isn't legally allowed to hire foreign teachers so be careful when it comes to the work visa.
The accommodations he showed me were pretty brutal. My current boss took me apartment shopping before I signed. There's some nice apartments around so don't be scared to negotiate for a better place.
The salary will depend on how many hours you work and other benefits.
Try to negotiate for as much as you can!
Mar 15, 2010 07:07
GUEST89130 Hello!
How about the Chinese courses at that school? How did you like them?

The school also offers accomodation in appartments for students. Do you by any chance know what they're like (compared to what is shown on the website...)?
Thanks in advance!
Sep 2, 2014 06:53
GUEST66237 Has any one experienced the HPLS recently? I am interested in doing a Chinese course there. The other alternative is the Hainan Normal University. The accommodation looks great on the HPLS website but is it really that good? I have read som not so good comments about the HPLS. I just trust the teaching is good quality. Any advice is gratefully received.
Post a Reply to: Teaching in Haikou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code