Menu
Tailor / Fabrics in Shenzhen?
Feb 15, 2005 19:04
  • LADY
Would anyone be able to recommend a tailor in Shenzhen? What about if I'd like to buy some fabrics, f.ex. silk? Where could I find quality fabrics?
Mar 9, 2005 14:27
  • PEPPERMINT
You will find tailors near Dongmen Market in Shenzhen. There is a building opposite to Jiulongcheng Commercial Center. You wont miss it by its smell. The first floor is for aquatic products, fresh vegetables and the second floor and above is for curtains, mattress and also fabrics.
May 2, 2007 02:33
  • FJOHN
I can certainly tell people where not to go for tailoring. Stephanies which is room 5060 5th floor Lowu commercial, inital service is fast and friendly, however I had extreme problems with her once she had collected the money and the goods that were sent were not correct. I got a suit with no botton hole, so I cant do the Jacket up, pants which she had a pair to copy which came back too small. She 'forgot' to send me my orders, gave me promises on my delivery which were never kept. A top with a hole in and size too small despite keeping an original garment that fit me

All together a bad service after she takes your cash !!!

May 8, 2007 04:16
  • JABAROOTOO
I have my garments tailor made here in Chongqing. Sometimes the smaller, less commercial tailors are the best. You'll probably have to buy your own fabric. I would suggest Luohu building as there were so many tailors there to choose from but after such a bad expereince I guess you are wary.

I always check the quality of the garments they have in the store first and let them know that I am a dressmaker too. I take only what I know they need in fabric and I have been questioned about whether or not I have enough but they always get my garment out.

Perhaps you should only give them one garment until you are satisfied with the service and the quality. The tailor I use now does a beautiful job. My Chinese friends think I pay too much but I know I don't, since that is my trade too.

They did not even ask for a deposit let alone all the money up from. My only complaint and this is something I can easily fix myself is the top button hole is a little large on one blouse and the button pops under pressure.

One thing I do notice is that they like to make snug garments and they never do a fitting which is sometimes a problem if they don't get it correct the first time as it then requires a lot of unpicking, the worst part of the job. I always avoid this with one or more fittings.

I have used several tailors over the past few years with differing quality and prices and I know that I have found a good one. It is a bit of trial and error at first.

Good luck

Oct 23, 2008 22:27
  • ZHANGZHI
In Beijing, "Hong Du" is a traditional, well-known brand for tailoring service. Under the support of former premier Zhou Enlai, the brand was established in Beijing in 1953. Since then, the tailor masters of "Hong Du" have been making suits for generations of Chinese top leaders and foreign dignitaries. In fact, Mao Zedong was wearing a Hong Du tunic suit when he posed for the portrait currently hanging on Tiananmen.
price of hongdu is not expensive ,totaly suit include fiberic only need 1000 to 1500 ,and price lie on quality fiberic.
hongdu have door to door custom services.just a call ,measureing tailor well go to your position.
english custom service 13671213111
chinaese custom service 01063519282
Aug 5, 2010 19:09
GUEST90106 Hi
I am trying to find a wholesale textile company in Shenzben called Zaoc--------. Not sure of spelling and last name. Can anyone tell me what this company may be called and contact details please.
I am wanting knit fabrics etc
Sep 1, 2010 09:47
GUEST63235 I am very satisfied with what I got from my tailor Judy in shenzhen luohu commercail city.their prices are so low and their suits so well made.I love custom suits & shirts. And, i highly recommend my custom tailor Judy shenzhen luohu commercail city 5067,5/F
Dec 7, 2010 22:38
  • ROBBO
I have just returned after having several items tailored and very happy. However I mistakenly left a couple of items on a shelf in her shop. Whilst they are not valuable, they do have some sentimental value. Consequently I have been trying to find a way to contact her to see if there is some way I could arrange to have them posted.
Did you by chance keep a business card or know of where I could get a phone number or email address (if she has one)? Cheers
Dec 8, 2010 19:51
  • ROBBO
Further to my note yesterday if anyone can help with providing any contact details (phone no or email address) for Judy's Tailor shop at the Luohu Commercial Centre in {Shenzhen,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangdong/shenzhen/}, she is in Shop 5067 on the 5th floor. I recently visited her shop and mistakenly left some items on her display shelf and would like to contact her to see if she still has them and if there is any way I could arrange to have them returned. Thanks
Dec 8, 2010 20:22
  • CHERRY07
Dear Robbo,

I have found the website of Judy's Tailor Shop. I am not sure if it is the one you are looking for. Just have a look: http://www.judystailor.com/index.php

Contact info:
E-Mail: yahoo.com.cn|judytailor88
Phone: 00186 135 5487 7815
Phone #2: 137 1406 6467

Address:Judy's Tailor Shop
No. 5067, 5/F
Luohu Commercial City
Railway Station
Shenzhen, China

Wish you good luck

Dec 8, 2010 20:59
  • ROBBO
Many thanks for your help it is really appreciated. I will let you know how i go.
Kind regards
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tailor / Fabrics in Shenzhen?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code