Menu
About to marry
Mar 20, 2009 21:13
  • GINDEAN
I have been living in China for 2 years with my Chinese GF who has been my partner for 5 years. I think I am knowledgeable about Chinese culture but am getting married next month and would like to know of any tricks or traps in regards to the marriage customs.
Mar 23, 2009 05:14
  • YINDUFFY
I guess the first thing to ask is "What part of China is she from?." I s she or her family from a very metropolitan area or from a more rural area? I think some of the more rural areas may have more complicated customs than someone who's family has been in a factory town where the people have accepted the "New China" teachings for a couple of generations.
You have my best wishes for a long and happy marriage. Good luck!
Mar 29, 2009 13:24
  • CARLOS
Just go there with closed eyes and open mind and enjoy each and every chili you will be forced to eat.

Carlos
Apr 5, 2009 01:41
  • JOSHIRV57
Its a shame,that no -one can give a valid answer. In todays China,there are no tricks,in the customs.You will usually be married in her home village,or city.Not all
Chinese are living in the place they were born,however some must be married there,regardless of where they live now,due to their identification and if they had it
changed or not.Most have to make payments,marriages,and most of their life business,back to where they grew up,not where they live now.Usually it will be the
mother,who will decide,where the marriage will be,regardless of all other wishes.It deals mainly,with the culture which your girlfriend belongs with,and their wedding
preferences.Some go by the new modern weddings,and western way of marriage.Some do not.
Post a Reply to: About to marry
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code