Menu
Want to move to China from UK - can I collect my British state pension from China?
Mar 25, 2009 09:52
guest30219 My wife is from China. We're currently living in the UK (she's on a spouse visa), but we want to move back to China.

If we have kids in the UK, can we take them to China with no problems? Would they need a visa?

If I continue to pay voluntary NI contributions, can I claim my pension from China (when the time comes)?

How easy is it to travel back to the UK for visits to my family?
Mar 28, 2009 09:57
  • APAULT
Contact the relevant govt office in the UK...I think the one that pays pensions. I can in Australia but I am not sure if u can if u live in China - but at the worst, you can go hback for a spell to arrange for it to be paid into a UK bank account. Certainly there is a system of paying your NI contributions to buy your entitlement. It is a bit complex but the various websites do explain it. You have no problem going back to the UK unless you travel on another passport, then you are possibly not entitled to work in the UK or receive benefits...BUT, I cannot get a clear definitive answer on this.
Post a Reply to: Want to move to China from UK - can I collect my British state pension from China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code