Menu
Test if you fall in love at first sight!
Mar 28, 2009 04:30
  • CHERRY07
A study says that "Love at the first sight means 8.2 seconds of eye contact". To be precise, if a man holds his eye contact with a woman for 8.2 seconds, this means he rates this woman very attractive, which possibly leads to love at first sight. Oppositely, if he makes eye contact with a girls less than 4.5 seconds, it means that he has no interest in her and he doesn't think she is good looking.

But the study reveals that women paid the same amount of attention to those who are handsome and those who don't fancy them.

Men, you can test if you fell in love with your girl at first sight now.
Mar 28, 2009 04:58
  • GAFFER
I love research studies. 8.2 seconds is quite a long time. I think it is more likely the guy is short sighted and could not make out what he was looking at. Conversely if a guy looks for only 4.5 seconds maybe he was worried she was with her boyfriend and didn't want a beating.
Mar 30, 2009 06:38
There are plenty of women that I find attractive, but I am not going to stare them down for 8 seconds. I am engaged to be married now, so I look, but don't try and engage, but when I was single, I would look and then if she was to look back I would continue the gaze, if it seemed like she was interested. I can somewhat see the point though, there are some women even now, that just draw you to them like a magnet, but even when I was single, I would only make eye contact, if they seemed willing.
Mar 31, 2009 19:42
  • SHESGOTTOBE
8 seconds is too long. If the person is aware that he/she is being stared at, he/she would freak out. For many, that would be borderline stalking. LOL! It’s a joke, but stalking is no laughing matter in US. It is a felony.

A funny thing that is closely related to this happened to me. I have a habit of raising my eyebrows coupled with a smile, usually to greet somebody or to just acknowledge the person, sometimes, just one eyebrow. We use this as a form of greeting amongst friends in the Philippines. Turns out in America, it is considered as flirting. I would guess about 90% of people I did this with thought and joked that I was flirting with them. OMG!
Mar 31, 2009 23:44
  • GARYKINKADE
Er....Ah....I'm selling Casios with a stop watch function fairly cheap right now.
Interested parties please apply.
Apr 2, 2009 21:55
  • ZOEY
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHESGOTTOBE View Post

A funny thing that is closely related to this happened to me. I have a habit of raising my eyebrows coupled with a smile, usually to greet somebody or to just acknowledge the person, sometimes, just one eyebrow. We use this as a form of greeting amongst friends in the Philippines. Turns out in America, it is considered as flirting. I would guess a...

Very funny, SHESGOTTOBE.

If a stranger stares at me for 8 seconds, I will freak out too. I think that such a guy must be a freak. By the way, it is impolite to stare at sb for such a long time, especially somebody you don't know.
Post a Reply to: Test if you fall in love at first sight!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code