Menu
Travel from China to Southeast Asia
Feb 16, 2005 06:49
  • AUSTINHL
Hello,
I know this is a bit of a broad question, but I'm 23, very new to traveling, a bit in the dark, and would sincerely appreciate any help I could get.
I'm planning on coming to China in the begining of April for two weeks, then traveling to Vietnam for a week, and then Thailand for a week before coming home (the US) at the end of the month. Does anyone know the best / least expensive way to buy tickets into Southeast Asia from China? Is there some sort "around the world ticket" like I've seen in Europe that will give you a certain amount of stop-offs all for a flat fee? My friend in Tianjin has explained to me that flying within China is relatively inexpensive, but was unsure the best way to go into Vietnam, nor the best way to go from Vietnam to Thailand, and of course, Thailand back to Bejing where I'm guessing my round trip ticket will be departing back to the states. Do I wait and buy the tickets when I get to China?
Thanks so much for your time if you've made it to the end of this post.
Sincerely,
Austin
Feb 17, 2005 09:00
  • MERMAID
U did not specify which city in Vietnam.

U can also think about fly from Beijing to Guilin or Nanning in Guangxi Province and take either train or bus to Vietnam, which costs longer time but less money.
Feb 17, 2005 10:04
  • DEE0228
Yes, Mermaid is right. You may fly from Kunming, Nanning, Guangzhou to Vietnam which is cheaper and more convenient. Since you will travel about two weeks in China, I suggest you firstly do a plan about which cities you will go. Once you work out the itinerary, you choose which means of transportation you may use. Though there is no the"around world tickets "as you said, the transportation here is still convenient and fees are fairly reasonable. For the round trip tickets from US to Beijing, you'd better arrange in your place. And other tickets like Beijing/Vietnam or Kunming/ Vietnam, you may easily get from China. Just put your questions here, you may get some help more or less:)
Post a Reply to: Travel from China to Southeast Asia
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code