Menu
Advice on Jing Gang Shan
Apr 6, 2009 01:33
  • DAVEC
I will be travelling to Jinagxi early June, Jing gang shan is on my list to go to. Can anyone give me advice on the place/area, easiest ways to travel, good places to stay and see?
I will be getting train from Guangdong to there.
Apr 7, 2009 09:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Dave,

Not sure why it's on your list but you've most likely done some research. I found this little bit of interesting history.

I also find this map website useful for checking out road, rail, airports, and well known or famous sites.

Jinggangshan city (Jinggangshan shi), also known as Ciping, is located in the southwest of Jiangxi Province, near the border with Hunan. This remote region is famous in China as the area where a young Mao Zedong and other communist leaders set up the rural Jiangxi Soviet, an outpost against Nationalist (Guomindang) suppression.

It was from here, after the People's Liberation Army troops, led by Zhu De and Zhou Enlai, fled here from Nanchang, that the epic Long March (1934-1936) was to begin. This group were to advance, harried by Guomindang troops and bandits, on a circuitous route through some of China's harshest regions, finally arriving in the little town of Yan'an, northern Shaanxi.

http://www.maps-of-china.net/province/jiangxim.htm

Sure there is more out there. Haven't you got someone who can do a search in Chinese too. Sometimes this is the only way to get good information.

Good luck

J
Apr 7, 2009 17:03
  • DAVEC
Thanks for the info, you are right, I have done some research. The surrounding area has some great views, lots of walks through mountains and tree lined roads plus a few decent waterfalls. I heard it is famous because of the Mao walk and so will expect prices to be inflated accordingly.
Looks like Ciping will be the place to stay but not sure on the route, can get train to Ganzhou or next stop is Ji'an, both seem to be similar distances from my destination.
Post a Reply to: Advice on Jing Gang Shan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code