Menu
King Roger smashed his tennis racket!
Apr 7, 2009 20:55
  • KATRINA
Never thought he would do this on the tennis court because he played tennis so gracefully. He was a gentleman. However, he surprised us in Miami. In the semi-final, he fought Djokovic and finally lost that game. Maybe he was disappointed with his performance. Maybe, he suffered too much pressure. He smashed his racket heavily. The audience on the court hissed him. This never happened before. When the match ended, Federer even forgot to shake hands with the referee.

After this match, Federer has finished his journey on the hard court with no champions. This is unacceptable. He had won 5 consecutive champions of US Open. However, his glory is gradually vanishing.

Look at that broken racket in his hands.

Here is the video

Last edited by KATRINA: Apr 7, 2009 21:05
Apr 29, 2009 19:38
  • CANADAGUY
I guess it shows that he is human, just like all the rest of the players.
It will just become more difficult to find players today who _don't break their rackets!

Personally I would never do that, it's just not in my personality makeup.
But it's amusing (and sad) to see young players at my club who go through the motions of breaking their rackets and even go so far as to throw them on the ground, faking disgust.
Jun 30, 2009 12:06
GUESTDRIENIA... Whoever tries some JAgOIbzaCs1P will never be the same again. Remember it friends.
Jul 3, 2009 14:52
GUEST20738 and to the OP, all I can say is look at Federer now.. about to eclipse the all time grand slam record. I love how everyone jumped off the federer bandwagon after Wimby 2008. He will rise again to the top where he belongs. NEVER DOUBT GREATNESS!!!!!
Post a Reply to: King Roger smashed his tennis racket!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code