Menu
Who bears the cost of romance?
Apr 8, 2009 02:27
  • JIMMYB
Did you have a boyfriend or girlfriend when you were in college? If you had, did you try your best to create romance for her/him? If so, where did you get the "fund"?

A survey on the internet says that most Chinese college students spend their parents' money to buy gifts, clothes and please their GF/BF. Few students do part-time jobs to earn money to bear the cost of romance. Besides, scholarship is another money resource.

What do you think? Should the parents bear the cost of their children's romance?
Apr 8, 2009 03:27
GUEST7788 yeah why not
Apr 9, 2009 22:18
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Funny, I had to think about this. I had no bf during college, all my time was devoted to studies so I don't remember having a money issue about dating.

Well, if someone doesn't have a job but dating and giving gifts to the other person, the parents of that person are bearing the cost of romance.

As to whether the parents should bear that cost, I think it depends. If one has rich parents and they know what their child is doing and they approve of it, I see nothing wrong. But if the parents are working so hard just to be able to send their child to college and barely making enough, the child should be considerate. Either he/she work for dating money or postpone romance. He/she should remember that he/she is in school to study and finish it to the end. The purpose of going to school is not dating. Don't disappoint the parents who are working so hard
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Apr 9, 2009 22:24
Apr 9, 2009 23:13
GUESTSUZY before marriage: the guy
for the wedding: him and / or his parents
after the wedding: the guy
divorce matters: the guy
children's welfare: the father must pay

what is a man? what has he got? if not himself than he has not...

Apr 10, 2009 20:59
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTSUZY

before marriage: the guy

what is a man? what has he got? if not himself than he has not...

In a word, it is hard to be a man.
Apr 10, 2009 22:32
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTSUZY

before marriage: the guy

This is not entirely accurate. In some cultures, it is the woman’s family who bears the cost of the wedding. And in many weddings, the couple doesn’t depend on their parents but save for it. For some couples where the wife earns more than the husband, it is the wife who is ordered to pay alimony and child support. If the wife is a stay-at-home mom either by choice or because it is the desire of the husband, in the event of a divorce, it is the husband who has to bear the alimony and child support.
Apr 13, 2009 09:42
  • CARLOS
Yea, guys, don´t worry about the costs of the beginning of the relationship, worry the costs after there is none.

Carlos
Apr 14, 2009 23:41
  • PAGANBOY
men have to pay for meals, buy house and car, have income higher than their wives, pay for childrens education, plan for the future. and the wife stays home moaning about how much housework she has to do. When it suits them they want things 'traditional' i.e men take care of everything else and be a solid provider. When it doesn't suit them its all about being 'equal' and 'fair'. Can't live with them, can't live without them.
Last edited by PAGANBOY: Apr 18, 2009 01:36
Post a Reply to: Who bears the cost of romance?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code