Menu
Trip to Haikou
Apr 16, 2009 05:15
  • CAIYIN
My family are planning a trip to Haikou for 4 days this coming August. We have booked our air-tickets but have not booked any hotels. Any suggestion on places to visit and where to stay in Haikou? Most reviews in the Internet are about Sanya and Haikou seems to be a boring city. Should we travel over to Sanya instead?
Any suggestions and ideas will be very much appreciated
Apr 17, 2009 07:57
  • JABAROOTOO
You could begin in Haikou but depends what you want to see. You could hire a car. They have good deals for 4 days unlimited mileage and drive to Sanya leaving the car there but if you are flying in and out of Haikou then of course you will need to return there.

Get a map and just drive. Hotels are easy to find and good value at this time of the year. No need to book in advance.

Day one travel via Wencheng to Qionghai and Bo'ao overnight in either place
Things to see Wencheng Coconut plantations Hot springs and White water rafting Bo'ao Convention Centre golf

Day two Via Wanning, Shi Mei Bay to Lingshui and Xincun
Things to see Beach,fishing port, Monkey Island and the ****Boat people Y10 per person for one hour tour of the harbour Can give you name of boat skipper and phone number. he doesn't speak English but he'll understand or ask someone to call for you. Three small hotels in Xincun

Day Three Via Qiongzhong or Baoting to Wuzhishan
Things to see Minority villages in the district (get a detailed map but avoid the tourist traps)
Overnight in Wuzhishan Good cheap hotels in Wuzhishan or drive into Sanya

Day four Enjoy the beach at Yalongwan and before driving back to Haikou just three hours on the motorway.

I've only mentioned a handful of things that you could see. Google and search for info. Read all the reviews here. You'll be surprised by what the island has to offer and you needn't spend any time in Haikou.

Let me know if you need more details. It is a small island and distances are short. I have a lot of recent information from my last visit in February but not got it at my fingertips now but I highly recommend hiring a car.

All the best
Last edited by JABAROOTOO: Apr 17, 2009 08:04
Aug 21, 2009 12:05
  • CAIYIN
Thanks for your recommendation.
But we are planning to look around Haikou and maybe Xinglong only.
Outdoor sports are not for us. We prefer walking around enjoying scenery, shopping for local products and trying out local food.
Also we love coffee..
Any suggestions are welcome.. =)
Post a Reply to: Trip to Haikou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code