Menu
Tour guides with valid guide license can visit all China attractions for free?
Apr 18, 2009 04:15
guestNewbie Hello buddies,

I am a newbie here. I have a question: can Chinese tour guides with valid tour guide licenses visit all the tourist attractions around China? Can a foreigner take a job as tour guides in China? I heard that tour guides can not visit some attractions free of charge. The guides with legal guide license are still required to pay admission fee. Is that true? I met a Chinese guy who said that the Huangshan Mountain also charge tour guides admission fees. What else attractions are not open to tour guides with valid guide license for free?
May 23, 2009 00:07
  • SILJA
Chinese tour guide with tour guide licenses can visit almost all of the tourist attractions in China but few of attractions. A foreigner can not attend the tour guide examination.
May 25, 2009 08:14
  • JABAROOTOO
Quote:

Originally Posted by SILJA

Chinese tour guide with tour guide licenses can visit almost all of the tourist attractions in China but few of attractions. A foreigner can not attend the tour guide examination.

Can you explain that again. This doesn't make sense to me at least

Yes you can be a tour guide in China if you can find your own guests. You'll still have to pay all the entry fees like any other visitors to attractions but if you are bi-lingual you certainly can 当导游
Mar 26, 2011 06:37
GUEST22966 simply it means as a foreigner, u cannot be a licensed tour guide in China and u need to pay to enter the scenic spot without that certificate.
Jun 25, 2019 15:16
GUEST22326 I am a Qualified Guide and Tour Manager, equipped with bi-lingual overseas. As a foreigner, will I be qualified to be licensed locally, through conversion or similar, serving the similar roles in China, even as Tour Agent?
Post a Reply to: Tour guides with valid guide license can visit all China attractions for free?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code