Menu
backpacking china during holidays
Apr 24, 2009 09:35
  • DEATHRIPPLE
I'm planning a month in China, mainly Sichuan and Yunnan. I'm trying to know if it will be a good idea to travel from 1 until 8 of October, when it will be National Day holiday in China. the plan is to go from 25th Sept. to 24th October, but I'm thinking maybe pushing it a couple of days. what do you think? it's a bad risk backpacking that region during holiday?

any advice would be kindly appreciated.
dragos
Apr 28, 2009 02:44
  • DEATHRIPPLE
noone?
Apr 28, 2009 04:15
GUESTRACHEL Your time range is on the National Day. If you need more information you can contact with me on msn: hotmail.com|rachel666lhy
Apr 28, 2009 04:17
GUEST17139 Your time range is on the National Day. If you stay one month, I think you'd better to rent a room for monthly, will be cheaper. If you need more information you can contact with me on msn: hotmail.com|rachel666lhy
Apr 28, 2009 09:08
  • JABAROOTOO
It's OK to travel in China during this period and since you have one month on the road you should be able to plan to be in the less popular destinations or smaller towns.

Just steer clear of the major attractions on around the beginning of the break. And book hostel accommodation early if you find yourself in those places during the peak week.

I've been looking lately at western Yunnan and I think you could hide away out there for months away from the crowds in wonderfully under explored places. Have a look at the Nujiang the the Geothermal/volcanic area of Tengchong

http://www.chinadiscover.net/china-tour/yunnanguide/yunnan-three-rivers.htm

All the best enjoy the trip.
Post a Reply to: backpacking china during holidays
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code