Menu
Stuck in 2046 for 10,000 years.
Apr 29, 2009 19:06
About a month ago, a friend and I went to eat at a local Chinese restaurant. I figured that I’d try a very limited attempt at speaking mandarin with the waitress. She seemed incredibly pleased at my attempt, but really didn’t say much. She must of took a shine to me, because when I came back alone 2 weeks later, she remembered me. Before I knew it, our eyes started locking with each other for extended periods of time and we start smiling mutually at one another. I tried to speak to her in English, with very little in the way of progress (which was more my fault than hers). You can chalk this up to me being extremely nervous around her (yes, I started to like her even then).

I think that she is extraordinarily shy around me. I know her English isn’t terrible and I’m certain that she likes me. Last week she unfortunately wasn’t my waitress unlike the last three times I was there. She was working in another room, but went out of her way to say hello to me… three times even. Again our eyes locked several times while I was there and we would mutually smile at one another.

I can only hope that the feelings between us are also mutual, because I interested in getting to know her. With help I wrote her a letter in traditional Chinese last week. I’m tempted to bring her a bouquet of roses and the letter tomorrow. I know that I should take the chance and ask her out, but I’m extremely nervous about the whole bloody affair. I don’t even really know what to say to her. I would like to watch some mandarin films with her and see if she would teach me to speak mandarin.
Apr 30, 2009 23:32
  • AXJLNANNAN
hehe, good luck to you!!! So happy that you like Chinese girls!
May 1, 2009 11:26
Thanks for the support, I appreciate it. Yesterday, was an interesting day to say the least. I went ahead and bought her a bouquet of 12 dozen red roses at a shop not too far from the restaurant. I went later than normal during a time when I thought that business would be slow. That way I figured that I would have a chance to talk to her. Again we shared eye locking glances and mutual smiles. Like the last few times she seemed like she was avoiding talking to me.

When I finished she happened to be near the cashier counter. I decided that it would be the best time to approach her, giving her both the roses and the letter. I handed her the flowers and the letter and she took them with no problems. The first reaction I got from her was the deer in the headlights, as she didn’t really know what to do or how to react. I started to say to her “I got these for you, I…”, and that’s when she bolted for the kitchen. Keep in mind this is all while the cashier and I don’t know who else is watching.

I didn’t know what to do, so I start to laugh nervously about it. The cashier caught wind of this and also seemed to be doing the same. I told him that “I must of embarrassed her”. He replied to me that I didn’t and it’s just that “she is extremely shy, but a very nice woman”. He gauged me and gave me some advice because she is his “mei mei”, which I can respect. He got me to leave my number for her if she wanted to talk to me. The cashier and I talked for about 10 minutes and I departed. He and I exchanged names and have become friends now, mainly because of the whole incident. As for her, I don’t know what to do right now… I’ve never met anyone that has ever been this timid before. Maybe I should talk to my cashier friend or even his wife since they seems to know her?
Post a Reply to: Stuck in 2046 for 10,000 years.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code