Menu
Best ROUTE?? Shanghai - Middle China - Hong Kong - Shanghai
May 3, 2009 13:02
guest56132 So I'm on a limited time schedule (2.5 weeks) but I want to fit in a few landscapes to take pictures of. I'm a photographer by hobby and am looking for breathtaking views but I'm not sure how to plan my trip.

ANY suggestions on what to include/cut out etc. is appreciated but these are the cities with views I thought would have what I'm looking for:

Fly in to Shanghai - Hangzhou - Wuhan - Chengdu - Kunming - Nanning - Hong Kong

Sites: Stone forest, Guangxi Bamboo, Yangshuo and Fenghuang.

I've got to book soon...
May 3, 2009 21:34
  • ELLYSE
I don't think Wuhan would be worth a stop.
Seriously though, I think your route isn't too well-planned!
In 2.5 weeks... around 17 days (?) I would perhaps go for Shanghai (3 days) -- bus -- Huangshan (3 days) -- bus -- Hangzhou (2 days) -- flight -- Guilin/Yangshuo/Longsheng (5 days) -- overnight sleeper train/bus -- Shenzhen (transit only) -- walk across border, MTR -- Hong Kong (4 days).
May 3, 2009 22:25
  • OLDFOREST

Welcome to hangzhou, I've been living in hangzhou for many years. It's a beautiful city. I'm very pleasure to help you for visiting the sight of this city, but I just have free time at the weekend or after day's work. you can contact me by email anytime:
gmail.com|livahost
May 4, 2009 10:22
  • JABAROOTOO
Consider Fenghuang or Zhangjiajie instead of Hangzhou or Huangshan

Despite being BIG NAME places these are a little less DONE and are just as interesting especially for a photographer. Most of the big names are done to death, even Guilin, Yangshuo and Longsheng but they are certainly some of the easiest places to get around and get some great shots.
May 4, 2009 12:57
  • RK3WAVE
Hm, any other suggestions for pristine, non-touristy areas within reasonable travel? I've decided to extend my stay for about 6 more days and fly out of Kunming instead of Hong Kong which should make the time constraints a little more open. I want to see some bamboo forests, still lakes around mountainous areas and some rich traditional Chinese culture.

I realize I'm not going during new years or during any festival times but please keep the suggestions coming. I've been tailoring our domestic travel as I've seen the tips.

Thanks ahead!
May 4, 2009 19:53
  • ELLYSE
"some bamboo forests, still lakes around mountainous areas" --> sounds like Sichuan province.
Jun 7, 2009 02:34
GUEST28235 If you had 2 and half weeks to travel between Beijing and Hanoi, where would you stop? We will be train/bussing and want ideally to see Shanghai, Hong Kong too. We are an Australian couple in our 50s travelling with our youngest son (16) in January. We are very interested in food, culture, beautiful views and getting off the beaten track a little...we don't speak Chinese, however! We would like to stay in original family compounds or homestays some of the time (clean?).
Can anyone suggest places/experiences we shouldn't miss?
Jun 7, 2009 03:13
  • ELLYSE
If you want to include Hong Kong, put it at the end and then fly to Hanoi, otherwise you'll need double-entry China visas which would be more expensive.
I've included some flights as trains/buses will not be economical for some legs of your route.
My suggestion would be: Beijing (4 days) -- flight -- Huangshan (3 days including 1 overnight homestay in Hui-style village) -- bus -- Shanghai (2 days) -- bus -- Xitang (1 day including overnight homestay) -- bus -- Hangzhou (2 days) -- flight -- Guilin (transit) -- bus -- Yangshuo (3 days including 1 day overnight homestay at Longsheng rice terraces) -- overnight sleeper bus -- Shenzhen (transit) -- MTR -- Hong Kong (3 days) -- flight -- Hanoi
Does this look fine to you? I think I should be able to help you organise this trip. Please email to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line, thanks.
Jun 14, 2009 00:39
GUEST43297 hello guys,

i need your advice. i'm planning my trip to hongkong. im going with a friend.
it would be a very short one. just 7 days..we would also like a sidetrip to shanghai,china.
pls advise me on how we could plan an itinerary which would fit our schedule and our budget as well..
pls also advise me of the necessary papers/documents that we have to complete before going to shanghai.
we're coming from manila,phils.,

thank you, appreciate your help...

Jun 21, 2009 23:41
  • ELLYSE
Did you already get your China visa in Manila?
Hong Kong and Shanghai aren't very close, in case you didn't know. The "best" way to get between the two would probably be to fly via Shenzhen.
Jun 27, 2009 11:33
GUEST21237 we are flying to new zealand in november and want to stop over in either hong kong or shanghai but can't decide which would be best as will only have a few days there. Which would you recomend?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Best ROUTE?? Shanghai - Middle China - Hong Kong - Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code