Menu
Sleeper in a train
May 8, 2009 05:09
  • NORHA1
Surfing in few sites in the Internet concerning the direct train from Beijing to Shanghai (D313) there is only a price for a seat and not a sleeper.
This not logical.

Can someone elaborate the different sitting and sleeping options on this train?
May 8, 2009 06:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Can't imagine why you couldn't find the details.

Use the search on TCG and you'll find soft seats and soft sleeper prices Y542 Upper berth and Y451 lower berth
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/views.asp?tt=1&tid=d313&s=beijing&e=shanghai
Last edited by JABAROOTOO: May 8, 2009 06:02
May 8, 2009 08:29
  • ELLYSE
That's not accurate. The sleepers on the Beijing -- Shanghai D trains cost 630/755 RMB respectively for upper and lower bunk.
May 9, 2009 01:43
  • NORHA1
Be sure that my understanding still "works".The price you have mentioned appears under the item "seater" not "sleepers".That was the reason for asking the experts.

The question still remains what is the cost of a soft sleeper on this line?
May 9, 2009 12:17
  • JABAROOTOO
The prices quote, correct or not are for soft sleepers. Seats would cost between Y100 and Y200 and don't appear to be available

The prices I quoted are made from the search which you can check for yourself using the search tab at the top of the page.

Ellyse is most likely sourcing a more up to date site or the Railways schedule which would account for the difference in prices

Keep in mind that it may be just as cheap to fly..
May 9, 2009 16:14
  • ELLYSE
There're no so-called "soft sleepers" on these D trains. I would call them, D train sleepers, upper and lower bunk. That's all. These are a relatively recent invention.
I have already provided you with the answer to how much these sleepers cost, if you realise.
Seats, on the daytime D train for the same route, cost 452/542 RMB -- which's around or more than the cost of soft sleeper on the overnight Z trains -- so I hardly think those are worth the money. They're definitely not going to cost only 100-200 RMB!
Post a Reply to: Sleeper in a train
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code