Menu
Hotel on Guilin?
May 13, 2009 03:42
  • GAFFER
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Guilin for a couple of nights stay on our way back from Yangshuo? Not looking for luxury but within reasonable distance of places of interest.
May 13, 2009 08:27
  • DAVEC
I stayed in Guilin riverside hostel, great little place, clean and spacious rooms and extremely friendly staff.
The business card I have says phone is 0773 2580215
It is less than 5 mins walk from train or bus stations
message me if you need anymore details
May 13, 2009 09:16
  • GAFFER
Thanks Dave,
I had a look and there are two hotels. Lakeside and Riverside. Both look fine. I'm torn between the Romantic Lovers room and the Lovers Honeymoon room :) I'll get the boss on to it right away.

Are you in SZ yet?
May 13, 2009 12:33
  • DAVEC
Not yet, I fly out 21st so about a week away.
Cant wait, I am signed off work with duff wrist at the mo, need some r & r

The riverside is great location, walk around the corner and there is take away noodle bar and a place selling dumplings. Also a laundry as well, I put some stuff in and when I collected it next day there was big lable on it marked 'foreigner'
May 14, 2009 04:55
GUEST25222 DAVEC

The place that you recommend only 5 mins from train and bus station? That must be very good. Can you give me the address and how much do you pay? I am planning to go there in 2 months time

Thanks
May 14, 2009 08:34
  • GAFFER
Here is the site http://www.guilin-hostel.com/ The owner has two places. Riverside is the one Dave mentions.
May 14, 2009 15:07
  • DAVEC
The place is not easy to find and taxis drivers are not able to get you to the door.
turn left from the train or bus station and walk along the main road, as you cross nanmen bridge take the first turning on the left, it runs next to the river. The hostel is about 100m on the left. I found the staff extremely helpful and the rooms comfortable and clean.
Post a Reply to: Hotel on Guilin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code