Menu
The price difference between tickets booking websites
May 21, 2009 22:26
guest74158 Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to China this July. When I'm looking around for flight tickets, I checked with expedia.com, as I've used them before and they are advertising that they don't levy a service charge. Trying to get a best deal, I googled china flight tickets and contacted several more booking sites, then found I can get more favorable price from agents in China, someone told me that because the quoted price on expedia.com is full price, but agents in China offer discount price with a small service fee, is that true?
May 21, 2009 23:00
GUEST11613 Yes, that's true. It is easy to compare the price, and I found the price expedia quoted is much higher than other's, aothough they advertised no booking fees. From my previous experience, the agents in China always get better price than those outbound. To me, it doesn't matter whether there is any booking fee, the key point is the final fare I need to pay.
May 22, 2009 11:44
  • KSWONG
Whatever prices you can find on English websites are inflated pricing. In China, when you sit down at a restaurant and ask for an English menu, you can be sure the prices will be different... not always, but usually the case. That's China for you. :)
May 23, 2009 04:41
  • CROSIS
Sometimes it is not just price that is the issue.

I am in China in July too. Need to do a quick trip to Chengdu from Beijing at the start so thought i would book directly with Air China on-line. Started well got a flight and price confirmation, but then didnt hear from them again. Finally gave up trying and contacted TravelChinaGuide who are organising the later part of our trip. In 48 hours I had my tickets confirmed & paid for and actually at a cheaper price than through the airline directly!

TCG truly are excellent value and so good at what they do.
May 25, 2009 07:31
  • JABAROOTOO
Good to hear customer feed back. They try to give the best value for money with quality service as well. They're a great team.
Post a Reply to: The price difference between tickets booking websites
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code