Menu
Chongqing - Day Trip to Furong Possible???
May 23, 2009 04:28
  • CROSIS
Hi All

Coming back to China for my third trip and am keen to see the lrge cave at Furong. However we are in transit so while we have two nights, we only have one free day. Is this enough to do a trip out to Furong?

Any comments welcome. Even other things to do if Furong is too far.

Thanks
May 23, 2009 09:17
  • ELLYSE
Have you been to Dazu grottoes yet?
Sorry, haven't been to Furong. :(
May 24, 2009 16:15
  • CROSIS
We are spending all of July in China and yes, the Leshan Buddha, the grottoes and Mt Emei are all on the trip. I quite liked the idea of the huge cave though.

Do you know the area? Can you get from Chongqing to Furong & back in a day? Is it best to hire a car or is there a regular train or bus?

Any help really appreciated.
May 25, 2009 07:09
  • JABAROOTOO
I'm a bit of a Chongqing local and to be honest I'm not sure what all the fuss is about for Furong Dong or Dazu for that matter.

Yes you can certainly do it in a day
There are several options
take the night train to Wulong, visit the cave in the morning. It doesn't open until 9.30 or 10.00 and return by train or bus in the afternoon

Wulong is between two to three hours on the freeway, good all the way and the cave is about 20/30 mins outside town. Times depend a little on traffic

But may I suggest if you are going there then take a look at the Three Natural Stone Bridges (little like the Grand Canyon) but of course not quite so grand but spectacular all the same and San Qiao Tian Kang in Wulong Geo Park. In my opinion it is the pick of the spots in Wulong County.

If it's a huge cave you want to see then I would recommend a place near Sichuan's Bamboo Sea called Xingwen Geo Park which is the biggest I've ever seen and there's plenty of other things to keep in busy in that place for a day or more. how is it you ended up with two nights in Chongqing with nothing to do?

Hiring a vehicle with a driver for the day could cost around Y1000
If you need a guide I can recommend couple for you or .

Send private message and read my travel where on TCG about both these areas.

All the best

Post a Reply to: Chongqing - Day Trip to Furong Possible???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code