Menu
A father was opposed to save his baby daughter by cutting his liver
May 26, 2009 02:18
  • ICEBERG
A five-month baby got primary biliary cirrhosis, the father decided to save his baby using his own liver, but he was opposed by most relatives including his wife who refused to sign the operation contract. The reason is that the father's health will be influenced a lot after his liver was cut, and his daughter wouldn't live long after the operation.
Thus, the father was put into a quandary. If you were the father, how will you do?
May 26, 2009 12:47
  • CARLOS
There is no answer.
I hope I will never be in same situation.

Normally PBC develops to chirrosis in liver after a long time, sometimes even about 20 years. There is medication to slow PBC. Perhaps there is time for the child to grow up and find a liver transplant.

Carlos
May 27, 2009 04:39
  • ICEBERG
Personally, it's a hard choice. The most important thing is that even if the father give his liver to his daughter, the daughter still coudln't live a long life. So if I were the father I would give up the daughter, maybe it will be better for all of them.
Jun 4, 2009 02:46
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
It isn't worth saving the baby daughter with more than half of the father's health. If the father keeps healthy, he may have a nother daughter or son in the future.
Post a Reply to: A father was opposed to save his baby daughter by cutting his liver
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code