Menu
An American engineer was sentenced because of having an affair with a Chinse girl secretly
May 31, 2009 02:59
  • SUNNYDREAM
Involving the safety of the US Embassy, an American engineer was given 6 months' sentence for having an affair with a Chinse girl secretly. The engineer had ever been to China to take part in the construction of the US Embassy in China, during which, he fell in love with a Chinese girl, but they tried to conceal their love because of the man's special work. In the past two years, they've never contacted each other by email or mobile phone to avoid leaving any evidence. When enquired about the interactions, the man lied many times.

Besides 6 months' prison life. the man also have to be supervised for three years after coming out of prison and have to do 180 hour's voluntary service.
May 31, 2009 22:29
GUEST18820 really???? whoa!
May 31, 2009 23:23
  • JCNILE123
He compromised security by doing something he was not supposed to do on assignment.
I remember that the US embassy building in Moscow was never occupied after many millions of dollars invested on the construction.
The building was heavily bugged.
Jun 9, 2009 22:35
  • MAYMAY
i dont understand why US government take this issue so seriously, its just a story of two people meeting and fell in love.

but maybe, the engineer have strategic position , know many secret, in which he supposed not to fall in love with this girl.
Jun 15, 2009 10:09
  • GRIZ326
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAYMAY

i dont understand why US government take this issue so seriously...

I feel certain the Chinese government would react in a similar fashion. The engineer might have had knowledge of physical countermeasures for certain types of long distance computer attacks or even more critical design knowledge.

There was a magazine that became popular when I was a boy called MAD magazine. It had a comic in ever issue called Spy vs. Spy. It was fun, but in many ways true to life. You spy on us; we spy on you...it's just the way that it is.

There are procedures in place to mitigate human problems like romance and sexual need, but instead of using them he chose to lie.
Jun 15, 2009 10:41
  • CARLOS
Some things you just are not supposed to do...

Carlos
Jun 15, 2009 17:45
  • COOLSPRINGS
So American unmarried guys with positions in technology, commerce, goverment, finance and other fields that need information, stay away from Chinese girls. For those who have already had Chinese wifes, they have are already in danger of being taken into custody for the rest of their life...
Last edited by COOLSPRINGS: Jun 15, 2009 18:10
Jun 18, 2009 19:16
  • GLADIATOR
Well i think that was fair. You have certain protocol to abide by when you are on foreign services. You dont want to end up meeting a mata hari:)
Jun 25, 2009 11:38
  • LIONPOWER
Every Government follows their own rules & regulation.
Post a Reply to: An American engineer was sentenced because of having an affair with a Chinse girl secretly
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code