Menu
First Time Going to China - Advice Needed
Jun 3, 2009 12:40
  • LOGANLEGAL
We are travelling in June to Shanghai from the US. The only plans we have are the flight to and from the US b/c we are not travelling with a tour group. We are travelling with 2 children ages 7 & 9. We plan to see Shanghai, Beijing, Macau, Hong Kong and Seoul, Korea. Need advice on best ways to travel, best sleeper trains, transportation and best sights to see and best way to do so. Also, can anyone recommend a good acrobat show which the children will enjoy. We enjoy everything and could use advice. Help!
Jun 9, 2009 06:38
  • ELLYSE
Is Shanghai your point of entry as well as exit? If so, and you're including Macau, Hong Kong as well as Seoul, you'll need a double-entry if not multiple-entry China visa. Are you already aware of that?
What are your exact dates and times of arrival and departure?
I believe your kids would love the ERA - Intersection of Time acrobat performance in Shanghai Circus World.
"Best" is very subjective. Please be more specific about your sightseeing interests and preferences, daily budget etc.
Please reply to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg LoganLegal) in the subject line, thanks.
May 12, 2011 08:01
GUEST26175 WHAT DO I NEED ??? WHAT PLACES IS THE MOST IMPOTANT TO SEE??/ TIME IS LIMITED!!
MEDICAL ? MUST I TAKE ANY PRECAUTIONS??? ORGANIZE SOMETHING WITH MY OWN MEDICAL Aid??? HOW MUCH LUGUAGE AM I ALLOWED ON MY TRIP BACK??? IF I HAVE MORE THAN ALLOWED WHAT DO I PAY FOR EXTRA STUFF ??
May 12, 2011 21:15
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST26175

WHAT DO I NEED ??? WHAT PLACES IS THE MOST IMPOTANT TO SEE??/ TIME IS LIMITED!!
MEDICAL ? MUST I TAKE ANY PRECAUTIONS??? ORGANIZE SOMETHING WITH MY OWN MEDICAL Aid??? HOW MUCH LUGUAGE AM I ALLOWED ON MY TRIP BACK??? IF I HAVE MORE THAN ALLOWED WHAT DO I PAY FOR EXTRA STUFF ??

You need to offer more details about your travel. Where are you going in China, how many days do you have...

The allowded luggage is different of different airline companies and the extra fee is also different. which airline are you going to take?
May 13, 2011 06:23
  • RICHARD121
I would like to add on whatever my fellow mates have explained above. If your plan is to just travel in main cities then it's ok. But if you plan to travel on some remote areas then I will suggest you to hire a translator as language can be a barrier. On my visit I particularly faced many problems due to it. China has a very good network of trains and public transport so you will have no problem in traveling. Just make a note of time schedule of whatever public transport you want to opt for. You are traveling with kids, which can be a problem sometime, as kids get frustrated while waiting for transport. So you can also opt for rental cars at times. I rented economy car from http://chinacarsrental.com/ . They seem to offer nice service.

Was nice helping.
Jul 16, 2011 07:52
  • STINMD
I read somewhere that all foreign visitors must register with the Public Security Bureau within 24 hour of arrival in China. Is this true?
Jul 16, 2011 22:29
GUEST9587
Quote:

Originally Posted by STINMD

I read somewhere that all foreign visitors must register with the Public Security Bureau within 24 hour of arrival in China. Is this true?

If you stay at a hotel, you needn't register with the local PSB. But if you stay at local people's residence, you need to register with the local PSB.
Nov 4, 2011 07:19
GUEST03672 i am travelling alone from Nigeria, please i need any advice on how to make my trip easy. I am travelling first week of December 2011, and i want to purchase electronic goods for resale. Kindly give me any advice you can. Thanks.
Nov 4, 2011 21:59
GUEST12578
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST9587

If you stay at a hotel, you needn't register with the local PSB. But if you stay at local people's residence, you need to register with the local PSB.

And what can happen if you stay in a private residence but don't register?
just curious.
Post a Reply to: First Time Going to China - Advice Needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code