Menu
Guilin Tour Information
Feb 18, 2005 18:30
  • GILA
I will be going to Guilin and surrounding area next Wed 23Feb to 27 Feb. Does anyone konw of any interesting events and places during this period that is worth visiting or participating? I can speak Chinese. I will travelling alone and am very interested in photography. I enjoy seeing new places and meeting people. I look forward to suggestions. Regards :)
Feb 18, 2005 18:39
  • ELCABRON
Ni Hao Gila!

I enjoyed floating down the Jinbao around Yangshuo. Nice landscape, everything quiet, no "Helloooo..." tourist shopping;-)

The same with bicycle rides, I think 10 kuai a day for bike. Explore the Karst Mountains on yourself!

Feb 18, 2005 18:42
  • ELCABRON
What got Tibet to do with it! Damn it!
Here should be the right one;-)

Feb 18, 2005 22:08
  • ARTIST
yangshuo is a much better place to stay and the scenery is good for photographic opportunities. from yangzhou you can travel to nearby interesting site. off the beaten track is aways better. last trip i stay at the sweet hotel a small homestay hotel with 5 rooms.
they can arrange bicycle rental for you to get around, they can even cook a local meal for you. enjoy yourself.
Feb 18, 2005 22:25
  • GILA
Hi Elcarbron & Artist
Thanks. Been google around and found out that floating down and bicyles rides around the region is just great. Will try to find out more and would be glad to aviod the 'hard' core tourist shops. Will google more before leaving Singapore soon for a nice trip in Guilin. Cheers
Feb 18, 2005 22:52
  • MOREORLESS
As others have said definately spend your time in Yangshuo rather than Guilin, A day trip to the minority village rice terraces at Longshen is well worth it to. If its running at this time of year I'd also recommend the "impression of the li river" water show choerographed by Zhang Yimou just outside Yangshuo.
Feb 19, 2005 02:16
  • GILA
Moreorless. Have read about the rice terraces at Longshen - do you think they are as nice or nicer than those in Bali? Thanks for the 'impression of the Li River' suggestion and will check it out too. Cheers
Post a Reply to: Guilin Tour Information
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code