Menu
Catching snow flakes in Chengdu
Jun 9, 2009 05:40
  • EDYHARTO
Greetings, fellow travellers...we are thinking of visiting Chengdu in late December 2009 to catch the falling snow. I wonder if it is the right time and we welcome any advice from you.

On the website on Chengdu, there are tours to Xiling Snow mountain resort. Can we see falling snow there?

Thanks in advance.
Jun 19, 2009 20:05
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, I am fascinated by the many good reviews of Xiling Snow Mountain. The pictures of people skiing on snow-white playground are fantastic.

I would like to ask fellow travellers whether or not we could rent winter clothings especially the winter shoes and skiing equipment at Xiling Snow Mountain. Or is it advisable to buy the winter clothings in Chengdu?

Thank you in advance.
Jul 6, 2009 23:03
GUEST69126
Quote:

Originally Posted by EDYHARTO

Greetings, fellow travellers...we are thinking of visiting Chengdu in late December 2009 to catch the falling snow. I wonder if it is the right time and we welcome any advice from you.

On the website on Chengdu, there are tours to Xiling Snow mountain resort. Can we see falling snow there?

Thanks in advance.

We vey rarely get snow in Chengdu because it is too warm. Yes, the ski resort at Xiling is a good place to head for and it's only a couple of hours by bus from Chengdu. I can't guarantee that it will snow on the days that you are there but it is an activity centre so you shouldn't get bored even in the summer when the only snow is at a higher altitude than the resort on the main mountain.
Jul 26, 2009 21:54
GUEST43150 Having paid Xiling a visit a couple of days ago I would advise that the roads are "sporting" and could easily get closed in bad conditions (ice/snow/landslides/accidents) so it would be advisable to phone ahead. However, of the two locations, the road to the ski centre is reputed to be the worst although we chose to go on the more navigable road to the other centre. Avoid the area at the weekends unless you have prebooked a hotel room. The journey time was calculated at 2.6 hours on the GPS. I would add at least another hour if travelling in the autumn as it is about an hours drive into the mountains in the summer.

Post a Reply to: Catching snow flakes in Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code