Menu
Yangtze Cruise
Apr 9, 2004 14:54
  • BRETA
We are going on Victoria Cuise up the Yangtze in April. The travel agency note says that a jacket and tie are recommended for the Captain's cocktail party 1st night and for the Captain's banquet on the last night. We are packing light for a 3 week trip and adding jacket, tie, and white shirt, and a dress or skirt for myself is more than we want to pack. Is it OK to go to these affairs in casual dress? I'm not talking tennis shoes, just dark sweater, dark pants and nice walking shoes? Would there be anyone in casual clothes? Thanks,
Apr 9, 2004 14:55
  • JONE
Breta, I was on the Victoria Cruise in October 2002 and had a wonderful journey. I personally did not pack a coat and tie because of the travel weight restrictions and I was on a three week adventure. I preferred to use my weight for camera gear, film, and buying stuff to stimulate the Chinese economy! I did have a nice pair of Khakis and a nice button down shirt with a pair of hikers that would pass as casual leather shoes (they were good for hoofing around so those shoes saw a lot of ground). The cruise I was on was in the middle of our trip so I utilized the laundry capabilities on-board to have everything I had used up to the cruise cleaned. The crew was great!!Hope this helps and have a wonderful time!!
Post a Reply to: Yangtze Cruise
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code