Menu
Beihai, Guangxi
Jun 21, 2009 00:49
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey there, thanks for reading.

I will be going to Beihai, Guangxi late this year. I am not sure where I will be landing but I want to hear if anybody on this board has been to Beihai? or perhaps what you hear about it. I did some research and do know that it is a touristy spot near the sea as well as a purported pirate bay but not much else I could find. Also, does anybody know if there is a China Construction Bank there?

Thanks
Dan
Jun 21, 2009 01:07
  • BOBERT
I have been to Beihai a couple of times. It's realy quite a nice city. Tree lined boulevards and not too frantic. Big enough to remain anonymous but small enough to retain it's charm. There is a beach (Silver Beach) about 30 minutes out of town which is not bad for China but it's no Waikiki. Beihai "Old town" is worth exploring but of course it's not original. I am told there is an active expat community in town so you shouldn't be lonely for long. The weather is mild year round so it's popular with Chinese holidaymakers. All in all one of the nicer cities I have been to in China.
Jun 24, 2009 08:28
  • JABAROOTOO
HI DESTRUCKDOZ

I've also been and it was one of my favourite little spots. I headed out to Silver beach (30mins by bus) and rented a nice cheap room Y80 a few hundred yards from the beach but I wouldn't swim there. There's another much nicer, cleaner little beach in a small bay near the headland and you need to take the bus from town about 15/20 mins You could also walk around the headland to other smaller coves

Read my review for more information. there's an Australian guy who has a cafe on the water in town. I think if you search the Beihai reviews, tips and forum posts you'll find enough to help you out. You'll also find all the banks covered. It's not that small. In fact it also has a kind of Sea World
Jul 5, 2009 01:20
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Thanks so much Bobert and JABAROOTOO for the informative posts!
Post a Reply to: Beihai, Guangxi
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code