Menu
Wimbledon Begins
Jun 22, 2009 02:09
  • LEMONCACTUS
Its those 2 weeks of the year again, when arguably the most revered of the Tennis Grand Slams opens: Wimbledon. There's something about the pristine green grass, the smartness of the conservative all-white dress code, that gives Wimbledon a unique aura - and this year the newly completed roof over Centre Court means even the traditional British rain won't spoil the show.

China has 2 seeded women this year, Zheng Jie (16) and Li Na (19) who are hoping to do as well as Zheng Jie's magnificent Quarter Final appearance last year - and with the women's game in a bit of a lull in terms of top talent, it's certainly all to play for.

On the men's side, I for one am keeping my fingers crossed for Andy Murray (the Chinese nicknamed "British Genius"), but of course Roger Federer is hot favourite after his French Open Victory, to steal back the Wimbledon Crown from the injured Nadal.

As usual, I'm going to be sleeping late for the next fortnight, and trying to track down online and TV broadcasts of Wimbledon in China...

Jun 23, 2009 10:31
  • DADA
hi LEMONCACTUS,
If u find some way to watch the open's wimbledon online, don't forget to give a wink.
thanks in advance ;)

friendly
Jun 24, 2009 04:48
GUEST1581 It's a pity that the defended champion Nadar can't compete in Wimbledon. Federer lost a strong rival.
Jul 6, 2009 13:54
  • CANADAGUY
And Wimbledon ends...

with Roger Federer winning his 15th Grand Slam, surpassing Pete Sampras' 14 Grand Slam count.
It was a very thrilling finish to an exciting two weeks of tennis!

Post a Reply to: Wimbledon Begins
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code