Menu
Travel plan Chengdu-Kunming
Jun 27, 2009 01:31
guest15121 Hello everybody,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to go from Chengdu to Kunming this July. What do you think of our plan? Is it reasonable? Have we missed any place that's worth seeing?

Day 1 Shanghai - Chengdu (train)
2 (train)
3 Chengdu
4 Chengdu
5 Emei Shan
6 Emei Shan
7 Bus fron Emei Shan to Chengdu in the evening
8 Kanding
9 Kanding
10 Litang
11 Litang
12 Xiancheng
13 Zhongdian
14 Zhongdian
15 Tiger Leaping Gorge
16 Tiger Leaping Gorge
17 Lijiang
18 Lijiang
19 Kunming
20 Kunming
21 Yang Yuan rice terraces
22 Kunming - Shanghai (Train)
23 (train)
24 Shanghai

We're planning to take the bus everywhere except from/to Shanghai.

Thank you for any responses!
Jun 27, 2009 04:02
  • ELLYSE
Note that it's "Kangding" not "Kanding", and "Xiangcheng" not "Xiancheng".
You're way too optimistic to try and do the Yuanyang (not Yangyuan!) rice terraces as what, a daytrip from Kunming?! That's not evn technically possible.
You might be a bit optimistic with the part from Sichuan province to Yunnan province as well.
Jun 27, 2009 04:43
GUEST15121 Haha, yeah.. should have checked out what I actually wrote down instead of trying to write it down purely from memory...

About the Yuanyang rice terraces, we thought we would take the bus from Kunming to Xinjie 10.40 and so arrive there about 17.. Then watch the sunset and sleep there, watch the sunrise and take the bus back from Xinjie to Kunming 10.20am. All the facts about the timetable for the bus was found in Lonely Planet so I hope they're still accurate.

Why do you think it's too much for one trip? We are most interested in the mountains boarding Tibet since the weather is cooler there, but also the Tiger Leaping Gorge seem very interesting and beautiful.
Jun 27, 2009 20:10
  • ELLYSE
Xinjie isn't where the rice terraces are, you need to get out to the rice terraces which're still quite a way from the township.
Jun 28, 2009 19:41
  • LUMMERLAOSHI
The rice terraces may not be worth viewing at the moment as they won't be flooded to reflect the sunset (at least from what I know from my somewhat limited information). Still, the surrounding area is beautiful.
Jun 29, 2009 01:11
GUEST15121 Really? Hmm.. Says in the Lonely planet that you can go there any time of the year. Oh well, we'll just have to ask someone in kunming..
Jun 29, 2009 06:22
  • ELLYSE
Yes, you could technically go there any time of the year, but if you're looking for water-flooded terraces that look wonderful reflecting the sun in photos, then now is not the right time. Duh!
Oct 4, 2009 16:35
  • TINDOMEREL
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

Yes, you could technically go there any time of the year, but if you're looking for water-flooded terraces that look wonderful reflecting the sun in photos, then now is not the right time. Duh!

Hi! I think about going there next year. How about may? Are the terraces water-flooded? I know the rice will be already growing up, but I thought water will be still there...
Oct 9, 2009 21:20
  • ELLYSE
Not sure about May, I was there in January. You might want to ask on the forum on Yuanyang Window, they'd be in a better position to answer your question: http://www.yuanyangwindow.com/index.php?Forum
Oct 11, 2009 13:41
  • TINDOMEREL
You are great! I've found there everything I needed :) Thank you. I guess, may is a good time for this trip, there is a chance for the water :)))
Post a Reply to: Travel plan Chengdu-Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code