Menu
Boy chosen by Dalai Lama turns back on Buddhist order
Jun 27, 2009 04:51
guest666 A good slap in the face of the lying hypocrite Dalai Lama....

"As a toddler, he was put on a throne and worshipped as by monks who treated him like a god. But the boy chosen by the Dalai Lama as a reincarnation of a spiritual leader has caused consternation – and some embarrassment – for Tibetan Buddhists by turning his back on the order that had such high hopes for him.

Instead of leading a monastic life, Osel Hita Torres now sports baggy trousers and long hair, and is more likely to quote Jimi Hendrix than Buddha.

Yesterday he bemoaned the misery of a youth deprived of television, football and girls. Movies were also forbidden – except for a sanctioned screening of The Golden Child starring Eddie Murphy, about a kidnapped child lama with magical powers. "I never felt like that boy," he said.

He is now studying film in Madrid and has denounced the Buddhist order that elevated him to guru status. "They took me away from my family and stuck me in a medieval situation in which I suffered a great deal," said Torres, 24, describing how he was whisked from obscurity in Granada to a monastery in southern India. "It was like living a lie," he told the Spanish newspaper El Mundo. "
Jun 27, 2009 18:51
  • MARRIE
I have no ideas on Tibet Buddhaism. I know lots of monks who work in temple eat meat and get married although they are supposed to be vegetarian and bachelors. 'sex' and 'animal meat' are taboo in Buddhaism.
Jul 5, 2009 06:23
GUESTHOMLINSON I have got nothing against Buddhism, or Buddhists monks and followers of the religion... but this article is a revelation - a slap to the face of Dalai Lama!

China is right to maintain harmony and ensure peace and order in all of its regions including Tibet which has progressed tremendously under Chinese administration of the region. In view of this, anyone who create disorder in Tibet must answer to China's law.

The scheming activities of the Dalai Lama overseas has only one objective and that is to paint a false picture of Tibet under Chinese administration. This so-called 'man of peace' is an actor and a hypocrite who must be stopped from disrupting the peaceful condition in Tibet and China.

I hope the Chinese Government will continue to improve the social conditions of all Chinese people. Long Live the People Republic of China!
Jul 10, 2009 08:27
GUESTBILL Buddhist monks can do whatever they like i really dont give a damn but the minute they try to go against the Chinese authorities, or march in protest against Chinese rule, they must be stopped.

This Dalai Lama fella is the main guy encouraging Tibetans overseas and in China to cause upheavals in peaceful China while he himself enjoys life in Europe - by the way, he eats meat - what a hypocrite!!
Jul 11, 2009 08:19
  • RITA
I am not interested in discussing about the politics in this, but on the food Tibetan Buddhist monks eat, I have different thought.
Well, in different time and places, religions change, some as big as tenets improving or changing, sometimes the rituals, habits etc

Buddhism today is so much different from the Buddhism 2000 years ago, and so much different from where it was founded - India;
Buddhism in north China is different from that in South China and in Tibetan areas. The tenets can be as different as some believe there is only one Buddha in the world, that is Sakyamuni himself; well some believe as long as one cultivates himself hard enough, in the end can be enlightened just as Sakyamuni, which means anyone has the possibility to become Buddha. In Hinayana sect in some places in south China, Buddhist monks can also get married and have children..

I think changes are to suit people's(believers) needs and local people's life, in this case,Tibetan Buddhism, most of Tibetan areas are more than 3000m above the sea level, vegetables and plants are rare, most nutrition people can get is from the animals, either meat or dairy.
So I think this is just a tradition.

>>'sex' and 'animal meat' are taboo in Buddhaism.

It's not true, just look at some of the pictures or statues in some museums or monasteries, you will find out that Buddhism is not totally against sex
Post a Reply to: Boy chosen by Dalai Lama turns back on Buddhist order
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code