Menu
Guangzhou three-day trip plan
Feb 20, 2005 18:44
  • WENDYNUI
Hi,would appreciate someone to help me out to plan my short guangzhou trip. I have only single entry visa applied by company.(Company Trip). Will be staying at Asia International Hotel. About 2 1/2 days of free hours to spend. Where is the best place to shop? Will it be troublesome to travel to shenzhen? What about Macau? Thanks in advance.
Feb 21, 2005 09:55
  • MERMAID
u can jump on a train and will arrive at shenzhen in one hour.
Macau is not that convenient since ur time is limited. It is not worth spending much time on ur way. i would suggest u spend some time in the city of Guangzhou. Or if u already know the city well, u can go spend time in Shenzhen-the Happy Valley, Folks Village and Window of the World,etc and the Xichong, Xiao Meisha, Da Mei Sha at the seaside.
Feb 24, 2005 09:12
  • MERMAID
I will suggest shangxiajiu in Xiguan, Liwan District.
U can buy popular gadgets in Zhuangyuanfang and taste all the snacks along ur way.
Shang Xia Jiu is where you can get a glimpse of old Canton.
Safari Park in Panyu is also worth visiting. And of cos, night cruise on the Pearl River can be romantic.
Beijing Road is of cos ok and u can c the ancient street under a glass cover.
Whereever u do ur shoppings, u remember to bargain-at 1/3 of the origional price!
Feb 24, 2005 11:37
  • LESAIGNEUR
WENDYNUI write : have only single entry visa applied by company.
Be carreful you've a border between Macao and mainland! visa required!
in Guangzhou, visit Shamian island, Ancestral Temple of the Chen Family, Liurong (Six-Banyan) Temple, Wuxianguan (Five-Immortals) Taoist Temple etc..
There are all sorts of markets, commercial streets and shopping centers. For examples, flower & bird market in Lingnan Flower Market, food market and the largest market of traditional Chinese medicines in China on Qingping Street, jade market on Changshou Street, Xin Da Xin Shopping Mall on Beijing Road etc.
Feb 25, 2005 06:52
  • ELCABRON
Yes, I really recommend Qingping market. When I went there it was said that because of SARS-outbreak the offering had been reduced. But to me the huge variety was still amazing!
It is opposite to Shamian Island, a little bit more on the right side of the island.
Feb 25, 2005 08:53
  • MERMAID
Especially u can buy all kind of flower tea like rose and scented osmanthus at a very low price.
Post a Reply to: Guangzhou three-day trip plan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code