Menu
need some advice for my 23 days trip to China in August
Jun 29, 2009 17:40
  • JAVIERCD
i'm going to China this year from 30th July to 23th August. i need some advice about best transports and time suggested in each place and if my trip is possible considering destinations planned. i only have my flight tickets Madrid-Shanghai, Beijing-Madrid
my idea is visiting Shanghai, Anhui (Huangshan), Zhangjiajie-Phoenix town (Hunan), Guilin and Yanshuo (Guanxi), Zhijin Cave and Huangguoshu Waterfall (Guizhou), Jiuzhaigou and Huang Long Valley (Sichuan), Xi'an (Guaanxi), Beijing. Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Javier
Jun 29, 2009 23:37
  • ELLYSE
Xi'an is in Shaanxi province, not Guangxi province.
Your destinations are all over the country. I doubt it would be feasible to do ALL of them given the time you have, especially if you're on a budget and can't afford to fly. And even if you fly extensively, I think it would still be rather rushed.
Please consider what you could drop, otherwise you'll be going on your personal version of Amazing Race.
If you've any more queries, please email to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg JavierCD) in the subject line, thanks.
Jun 30, 2009 04:54
  • JAVIERCD
Xièxie Ellyse,
i had also the impression that it was too many places and some kind of race.........so i would appreciate your recommendation considering the time available and the type of trip.....natural and scenic spots, old towns and main cities.................. if you were me ,,,,,,,,what will be your ideal trip.? route and days? what would you drop of the list? any place that you recommend instead of other?
thanks Ellyse
Jun 30, 2009 05:07
  • ELLYSE
Goodness! I would have too many places that you could cover with the timeframe you have. I wouldn't venture to say "ideal", but here's a suggestion based on the interests/preferences you named above, your points of entry/exit and number of days available (I hope it's 25 full days).
Shanghai (3 days) -- bus -- Xitang water village (1 day including overnight stay) -- bus -- Hangzhou (1.5 days) -- flight -- Guilin (transit) -- bus -- Yangshuo (3 days) -- bus -- Guilin (transit) -- flight -- Kunming (transit) -- flight/overnight sleeper bus -- Lijiang & Tiger Leaping Gorge (4 days) -- flight -- Chengdu (1.5 days) -- flight -- Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong (2.5 days) -- flight -- Xi'an (2 days) -- overnight sleeper train -- Beijing (4 days).
I've included Lijiang & Tiger Leaping Gorge in place of Huangshan. If you prefer to do Huangshan instead, let me know.
As I mentioned earlier, if you've any more queries, please email to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg JavierCD) in the subject line, thanks. :)
Jun 30, 2009 05:18
  • JAVIERCD
Xièxie Ellyse,
i had also the impression that it was too many places and some kind of race.........so i would appreciate your recommendation considering the time available and the type of trip.....natural and scenic spots, old towns and main cities.................. if you were me ,,,,,,,,what will be your ideal trip.? route and days? what would you drop of the list? any place that you recommend instead of other?
thanks Ellyse
Jun 30, 2009 05:21
  • JAVIERCD
Xièxie Ellyse,
thanks Ellyse
Jun 30, 2009 06:06
  • ELLYSE
Are you perhaps having some problems with your browser? You've posted the same reply twice more, after I had already replied you!
Jun 30, 2009 06:27
  • JAVIERCD
what's wrong with Zhangjiajie and Ghizou? why are they not in your list?
another thing is that i have some kind of Acrophobia.......
Jun 30, 2009 08:43
  • ELLYSE
Guizhou, not Ghizou. They're less accessible and IMHO the other destinations were more worthwhlie, plus more geographically feasible.
Well, you didn't mention before that you would prefer not to fly. In that case I would seriously recommend that you reconsider trying to do so many destinations in your timeframe, as you won't have enough time!
Jun 30, 2009 10:06
  • JAVIERCD
hi, i think you misundertood me... i don´t have any problem with flights..
just i'm afraid of heights when trekking in narrow places,,,,,,(i.e. Tiger leaping Gorge=

there is a flight from Guilin to guiyang isn´t it?
so you think that Zhangjiajie- phoenix town is not worthwhile compared to Sichuan or xí'an? Do you think that the scenic is similar to Guilin? or is it different?
Detian, is it worthwhile?
Jun 30, 2009 10:16
  • ELLYSE
Apologies for the misunderstanding then. If you're afraid of heights then perhaps you could consider driving through Tiger Leaping Gorge?
I've been to all the destinations that you named on your original list apart from Zhangjiajie.
From what I saw on photos, Zhangjiajie looks similar to Huangshan, so if you really wanted I would rather go for Huangshan as it's a bit more accessible.
I thought Fenghuang wasn't as charming as some of the water villages in the area around Shanghai, for example Xitang. For me, Fenghuang definitely paled in comparison to Lijiang, and it's also more troublesome to reach.
There are flights for Guilin -- Guiyang, but what you're trying to reach in Guizhou province isn't really close to Guiyang!
I haven't been to Detian so I can't comment, sorry.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: need some advice for my 23 days trip to China in August
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code