Menu
Fake weight loss drug leads to girl’s renal failure
Jun 30, 2009 23:16
  • LEONARDO
Summer is on! It is a good season for girls to show their curve. Tank tops, backless and sleeveless T-shirts are in fad girls’ wardrobe. Slim girls are proud to dress in the “overexposed” attire. It seems that all Chinese girls want to be slim enough to fit the “slimmer’s attire”. Anyway, slimming is catching on in China. Well, girls, Be careful! A number of weight loss drug are hypes.

A girl from Chongqing Medical University was diagnosed with renal failure after taking Superslim, a fake weight loss product. On June 1st, the girl surnamed Li bought the “quick weight loss medicine” at a pharmaceutical shop near her campus. She suffered from uncomfortable symptoms after taking the drug for three days. She was so eager to slim down quickly that she continued taking the drug in spite of her uncomfortable symptoms. After taking the drug for 10 days, she stopped medication due to the unbearable symptoms and complications. The next day (June 12) she got twitched and fainted. She was taken to a nearby hospital and was diagnosed with kidney failure. The Chongqing Municipal Pharmaceutical Administration ordered all the medical institution and pharmaceutical shops to stop selling ‘Superslim’ weight loss capsule as of June 26.

I am not trying to discourage any girls who are trying to lose weight. Just a tip for girls: Fast weight loss ads are everywhere; some may work really well, but some are sheer hypes. The final tip: don’t slim down at the expense of your health!

(Photo: fake weight loss drug "Superslim")

Jul 1, 2009 04:58
GUESTFAERIE I am a bit oversized (160 cm tall, 60 kg weight). I never believe the weight loss drug.
I am on a diet and doing exercise. I do Yuga exercise every night cause my legs are fat.
Jul 4, 2009 22:19
  • DREAMLIFE
Kidney failure? That's nothing surprised. A 22-year-old girls starved to death in her dormitory on July 1 when she was slimming down. She weighed 55 kilograms(161centimeters tall). She thought she was too fat. She was addicted to a book of so-called 'Slimming" two years ago.She weighed 35 kilograms When she was dead. The doctor said the girl' heartbeat stopped due to the malnutrition.
(Bofore and After Slimming)

Jul 5, 2009 19:19
  • MARRIE
I think the way of aesthetic judegement has changed a lot because a couple of years ago i saw most shanghai girls are as healthy a big red apples.

I heard girls from Si Chuan and Fu Jian are famous for slim and even as slim as dry dates. Is that true?
Jul 5, 2009 22:06
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRIE

I think the way of aesthetic judegement has changed a lot because a couple of years ago i saw most shanghai girls are as healthy a big red apples.

I heard girls from Si Chuan and Fu Jian are famous for slim and even as slim as dry dates. Is that true?

Marrie, Shanghai girls are like "big red apples". Plumpy girls are no longer welcomed on the streets. Skiny girls with pale-looking complexion are favored all over the China. Girls from Fu Jian have tiny figures. Don't know if they are as slim as dry dates.
Jul 6, 2009 18:13
  • MARRIE
Sunnydream, because of different climates, different food structure and different geogrphical areas, we have diffrent looks and the benchmark of judgement of beauty. In the place where i used to live, tradionally the girls with body as flat as plane and looks as pale as corpses are no good.
Post a Reply to: Fake weight loss drug leads to girl’s renal failure
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code