Menu
German 50 years old visiting China
Jul 6, 2009 08:06
  • LUTZ1106
Hi there, I already posted a thread in the companion section for Hainan. Now I have heard that this time of the year is not good for going to Hainan because of the typhoon season. I will be in Shanghai on July 26, and return to Germany from HongKong on July 31. Does anybody has some suggestions / recommendations what to see in China in these 5 days? As I am not rich, it should not be an expensive luxury trip. I am more interested in sightseeing points, nature, etc. Thanks in advance for your letters.
Jul 8, 2009 02:18
  • ELLYSE
Have you been to Shanghai and Hong Kong before? If not, I could easily fill up more than 5 days between those 2 destinations alone!
Jul 9, 2009 07:31
  • LUTZ1106
Hi Ellyse, thanks for your message. I did not think that anybody will reply I have planned differently now - I will meet my son in Shanghai and stay there for just 1 day, and then will go to Hainan for another 3 days to hopefully enjoy the beach and sea. And at the end of the week (after 2 days in HongKong) will fly back to Germany. I wish you a good time!
Jul 10, 2009 03:18
  • ELLYSE
Seriously though, Hainan isn't that wonderful from what I've heard over the years. Not unless you like beaches full of Chinese and Russian tourists. You might have better luck on the outlying islands and new territories of Hong Kong instead.
Actually, why not spend a bit more time in Shanghai and Hong Kong? Or have you visited them previously?
Jul 10, 2009 07:43
  • JABAROOTOO
I have friends who are in Hainan right now and they are enjoying the place. This time of the year is the off season for Hainan as it is considered too hot and wet so in some ways it is the best time to go as there are very fewer visitors and prices are cheap. Bargains to be had on accommodation. It is school holidays so there will be a few Chinese on holidays but you won;t find them at the beach because it will be too hot out in the sun.. Enjoy your holiday there.

As someone who has lived beside one the best beaches in the world, I would still recommend Hainan's south-eastern beaches if you need some R& R in the sun.
Jul 14, 2009 02:22
  • LUTZ1106
Dear Ellyse, dear Jabarootoo, thank you for your messages. I have booked 3 days in Sanya (Yalong beach) now - hope I will enjoy it. Best regards from Lutz
Post a Reply to: German 50 years old visiting China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code