Menu
Preference for Sons in China leads to U.S financial crisis?
Aug 18, 2009 08:40
  • SETH
Marrie - I surely hope you don't think I was serious in my posting! It took an economic crash to finally get Americans to stop uncontrolled spending and start saving.
Aug 18, 2009 18:12
  • MARRIE
Seth, it doen't matter wehter you are serious or not. If somebody doesn't like it, they can just ignore it or argue with with. It's a regulated free forum, I believe you can express anything if you want except personal attack.
Aug 18, 2009 21:36
  • ICEBERG
Quote:

Originally Posted by SETH View Post

As an American, I can readily agree with the conclusions of the Wall Street Journal article, and I offer aditional well-founded scientific proof!

1) Maybe it is a world-wide phenomenon but I do see a lot of this in the USA, and that is the socio-economic imperative that says "rather than look inward as to the root causes of the recent and ...

Hehe, Seth, it's the industrious Chinese people's fault. USA, blames China. please. Then your country's economic catastrophe will be solved automatically. What's "GS-factor"? I know little about economics.
Aug 19, 2009 00:33
  • GARYKINKADE
So a preference for sons leads to a propensity to save.
Hmmmm...could be.
Maybe the U.S. should try that approach.
On second thought, it would never happen because the credit card companies
thru lobbying would persuade legislators to outlaw it
We do have to go forth and consume you know, it's part of our brainwashed culture.
By the way....Bernanke is absolutely "full of it"
Aug 19, 2009 08:51
  • SETH
Hi ICEBERG -

The "GS-factor" is something that I made up, and it stands for GREED and STUPIDITY. My whole post was just meant as a joke, putting down the ridiculous notion that any Chinese desires for sons has anything remotely to do with the current economic mess.

Although you might say that a Greed and Stupidity factor did enter into the housing, banking, and automobile industry problems, and is quickly affecting the health care debates.
Aug 23, 2009 04:14
  • LEONARDO
Seth, interesting thoughts. I like the " GS-factor". If I choose to further my education in USA, I'd like to major in "GS-factor"! It is a novel subject! I hope your could be my professor!
Aug 24, 2009 03:44
  • DODGER
For what its worth I thought that Seth’s post was very well written and very funny.
I loved the “GS” factor.
Cheers, Dodger.
Aug 24, 2009 21:32
  • MARRIE
Agree. You and me know Ponzi Scheme is a big lie. However, the people who run the trick have never failed, which 100 % results from greed and uncontrollabel stupidity. In America, the top elite especially jewish go with commerce instead of science and technology. They play very well and have been ruling the world based on this scheme for a long time. Those elites continue ruling America and the whole world while the collapsed system that they built up has been bailed out by the general public.

M.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Preference for Sons in China leads to U.S financial crisis?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code