Menu
Survey: French are worst tourists in the world
Jul 15, 2009 02:35
BBC reports a survery on the worst and best tourists in the world. The French are rated as the worst world tourists, coming across as tight-fisted, rude, arrogant and bad at foreign languages. The survey conducted by Expedia asked 4,500 hotles in the world to rate tourists on their behavior.

Japense tourists rank top on the best tourists list, coming across as clean, tidy, polite, quiet and uncomplaining. Britons ranked the second for their overall behavior: quiet., polite and elegant.

US tourists ranks top for generosity, as the biggest spenders and tippers. Overall, U.S tourists ranked only No.9 due to their poor dress sense and complaining. Whereas, U.S tourists are the most likel pround to try a new language in the trip. The French don’t go abroad very much and are very reluctant to try a new language. Do you agree with the ranking?

World's Best Tourists (Top Ten)
Japan
Britain
Canada
Germany
Switzerland
Holland
Australia
Sweden
USA
Denmark

Last edited by TRAVELINGINCHINA: Jul 15, 2009 02:38
Jul 15, 2009 19:39
  • GRIZ326
The French can be terrible but they can be equally delightful. I worked for a French company for a few years and saw both the good and the bad. In my travels through France, I never encountered the rudeness attributed to the French and my co-workers in the company were no better or worse than any other travelers I've encountered. The French people I worked with were quirky and perhaps a bit more demanding than many people though.
Jul 15, 2009 21:22
  • JOHNNY512
I read the same report. "Britons ranked the second for their overall behavior: quiet., polite and elegant." As per Expedia, British tourists were by rated by the hoteliers as the worst behaved in Europe.
Jul 18, 2009 23:00
GUEST21131 U. S tourists have the worst dress sense. I agree. The attire they dress are saggy.
Jul 22, 2009 04:28
GUEST1210 Who said US tourists ranks top for generosity, as the biggest spenders and tippers?

I guided three tourists from USA. They gave me stingy tips.
Jul 24, 2009 21:06
  • LARRYBOY
I wonder if the French would go to Mexico for tourism. Maybe their arrogance attributes to the butt kicking they got when Napolean and his great army tried to invade that country only to be pushed out by farmers armed with shovels rakes and sticks!! Read about it! Thats where the Mexican Independence day "Cinco de Mayo " originated from.
Jul 26, 2009 04:40
GUEST21131 I am surprised that the Brits got the second top tanking. I coundn't see any British gents any more.
Aug 25, 2009 12:43
GUEST73192 Britons among the politest? Unbelievable. never seen such stingy people. They do not have money but they act as being a lord
Sep 6, 2009 02:02
GUESTOBY Russians are the worst, apart from the French - both stinks! British are #2 ?? You must be joking, they got no money!!!
Sep 7, 2009 04:21
  • FLICKER
"Japense tourists rank top on the best tourists list." I have no idea about this. I have never came across Japanese tourists in person.
Last edited by FLICKER: Sep 7, 2009 04:21
Post a Reply to: Survey: French are worst tourists in the world
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code