Menu
Xi'an to Jiuzhaigou
Jul 15, 2009 11:44
  • BECWARTON
Hey,

We're currently backpacking China and we really want to go to Jiuhaizgou. We're in Xi'an and do not want to fly and going to Chengdu seems pointless and completely out of the way.
Our current plan is to catch a train to Guangyuan and then a bus from there. Is that the best idea?
There's so little information any where.
Thanks for any help.
Jul 16, 2009 04:10
  • ELLYSE
No, the best way IMHO if you can afford it would be to fly directly Xi'an -- Jiuzhaigou. You didn't mention if you have any specific budget contraints.
Aug 4, 2009 04:15
GUEST43232
Quote:

Originally Posted by BECWARTON View Post

Hey,

We're currently backpacking China and we really want to go to Jiuhaizgou. We're in Xi'an and do not want to fly and going to Chengdu seems pointless and completely out of the way.
Our current plan is to catch a train to Guangyuan and then a bus from there. Is that the best idea?
There's so little information any where.

Heyya you are planing a trip to JiuZhaiGou?? Im planning to go there around 18th of August. Itll be great if i can join you guys. Email me. gmail.com|xwxiaowen
Aug 8, 2009 10:29
  • JABAROOTOO
Guangyuan would be the nearest rail link. I think the lonely planet recommends going via Pingwu.

My advice would be to buy a Chinese Road Altas from the XinHua Bookstore. Mines is specifically for Chongqing and Sichuan but covers all the surrounding South West Provinces.

Of course it has no English but it is still very useful, giving you all the major and minor roads. Keep in mind that this area was affected by last years earthquake and is still having tremors and smaller quakes. Roads will not be in the best conditions so allow yourselves plenty of time to travel from town to town. The Road Atlas is light weight, soft cover, around 50/60 pages about A4 in size. Front cover is blue and red with a blue sky/lake/mountain scene on the left.

If there are no buses to Jiuzhaigou from Guangyuan, then opt for Pingwu via Jiuzhaigou to Songpan.

I think it should be a good ride. (Green coloured roads on the map seem to be a good quality) I've this area to be stunning and would love to visit again some time.

Where are you planning to go after JZG? Will you swing west and bypass Chengdu. I'd recommend Maerkang. Lots to see around there. Zhuokeji is a small village worth a visit.

Yi Lu Ping An. Give us some feed back when you have made the trip.
Post a Reply to: Xi'an to Jiuzhaigou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code