Menu
Wine Flue.
Jul 21, 2009 04:42
  • DODGER
I went to a dinner party last night, where I and other guests enjoyed copious amounts of alcohol. I awoke this morning not feeling well, with what could be described as flu-like symptoms; headache, nausea, chills, sore eyes etc.

From the results of some initial testing, I have unfortunately tested positive for what experts are now calling Wine Flu. This debilitating condition is very serious-and it appears this is not an isolated case.
Reports are flooding in from all around the neighborhood of others diagnosed with Wine Flu.

To anyone that starts to exhibit the aforementioned tell-tale signs, experts are recommending a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down. However, should your condition worsen, you should immediately hire a DVD and take some Nurofen [Nurofen seems to be the only drug available that has been proven to help combat this unusual type of flu].
Others are reporting a McDonald's Happy Meal can also help in some cases.

Wine Flu does not need to be life threatening, and if treated early can be eradicated within a 24-48 hour period. If not, then further application of the original liquid in similar quantities to the original dose has been shown to do the trick.

Good luck!
Dodger.

Jul 21, 2009 18:16
  • GARYKINKADE
I'm sorry DODGER but according to UK policy you will have to be vaccinated for this.
I better not speak too soon as the US has not determined what to do.
Hope the WHO , CDC and Baxter Labs does not get wind of this new flu.
On second thought....having an injection of wine may not be such a bad idea.
Jul 22, 2009 00:35
  • DODGER
Garry, I have in fact just about recovered from a bout of a flue like attack.
My Wife just said it was just another case of Man Flu, so nothing to worry about.
Fortunately, I live about a 500 meter Zimmer frame shuffle from a store with a very good selection of French and Italian wines.
If I start now I should be back before dark.
Dodger.
Jul 22, 2009 03:34
I found your tale about " wine flu " funny Dodger, thank god I don't drink wine, he he

I'm going back home to Somerset in a couple of weeks, I hope I don't catch " cider flu " he he

Alan
Jul 22, 2009 17:52
  • LARRYBOY
Make a cup of hot tea and drop a shot of whiskey in it,,, this is called a Hot Toddy,, this will kill the wine germs. Whiskey and vodka work the best. Repeat as many times as necessary or until your face hurts from smiling so much. LB
Post a Reply to: Wine Flue.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code