Menu
Info on travel within Shenzhen and btwn Shenzhen and Quangzhou
Jul 22, 2009 04:28
  • GGCA
Hi,

I am traveling to Shenzhen next week and it would be much appreciated if anyone can assist with the following questions:-

What is the fastest and most economical way to travel from Shenzhen airport to my hotel in the Saige district; fastest takes priority over economical.

Where do I buy the ticket and board a train from Shenzhen to Quangzhou and how much does it cost? I am assuming that the return trip would be the exact opposite. Is that right.

Thanks!!!!
Jul 22, 2009 05:45
  • ELLYSE
Guangzhou, not Quangzhou, I presume?
Saige? What's that? Do you mean Shekou, perhaps? The most likely answer would be taxi. Also, what time are you arriving and how much luggage do you have?
Shenzhen train station has D trains to Guangzhou, buy your ticket there. Fare is 75/85 RMB for 2nd/1st-class each way. Yes, the return would be the sam price.
Jul 22, 2009 08:59
  • VICTORMAI
From Shenzhe Int'l air port there maybe a airport express to Huaqiang Bei(Where Saige is), I saw this bus in Saige before, so I think there should be such kind of service. And of course the best way is to take a taxi, should be around 100RMB, it is fast and convenient.
I assume Quangzhou is in Fujian Province? You can go to the Luohu railway station for this kind of information.
Jul 22, 2009 18:05
  • GGCA
Hi, Ellyse and VictorMai,

Thanks for the info. You are right. It is Guangzhou. I misspelt it. I am arriving around 11am in the morning and have only one small luggage. I booked a hotel around the Saige Square area. Victormai is correct. Huaqiang Bei is where Saige Square is located. It sounds like taxi is the fastest way for around 100RMB. Is that correct???

Where is Luohu railway station and how far is it and how do I get there from Saige Square in Shenzhen?

Once again guys, thanks for the very quick response. Much, much appreciated
Jul 22, 2009 22:02
  • ELLYSE
Ah, thought you meant Guangzhou in Guangdong province, not Quanzhou in Fujian province.
You could also take the airport shuttle to the train station at Luohu then transfer to the metro to get to SEG (Saige). That would be much cheaper but perhaps not faster.
There's no "Luohu" train station, it's Shenzhen main train station, though it's located in Luohu district.
Jul 23, 2009 01:18
  • VICTORMAI
My friend had ever took a taxi from Shenzhen Airport to Shijiezhichuang(Window of the world), costed about 70RMB. So I estimated it will only cost 30~40RMB more from Shijiezhichuang to Huaqiangbei is enough. That is what 100RMB comes from.

There will be a choice for you that you can also chang to the metro after taking a taxi to Shijiezhichuang. It will cost 4RMB only from Shijiezhichuang to Huangqiang.

From Saige to Luohu railway staion, you can also take a taxi, convenient engouh but not economical. And also the best choice is metro again. Fron Huaqiang station till the end stop is Luohu railway.
Jul 23, 2009 02:48
  • GGCA
Hi,

Thanks guys. Both of you have been most helpful. One last question.

How frequent are the metro trains and how much would it cost me from Huaqiang station to Luohu railway?

Thanks once again
Jul 23, 2009 02:59
  • GGCA
Hi

By the way, I forgot to add that I am looking for bicycle accessories, watches, sunglasses etc in Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Can you please help me in pin pointing which district(s) in each of the cities above I should go to?

Thanks!!!
Jul 23, 2009 04:43
  • VICTORMAI
Metro is very frequent transportation, just wait a few mins,less than 5mins commonly. From Huaqiang to Luohu costs less then half an hour by metro.

I know only Huaqiang bei is famous for its electronic products. And the things you are looking for is unknown, not quite familliar with those things. You should visit some factories which produce these things if your purchase is large enough. I think it is better.
Post a Reply to: Info on travel within Shenzhen and btwn Shenzhen and Quangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code