Menu
Communication in Xinjiang
Jul 23, 2009 12:01
  • SCLARE
I'm supposed to be travelling to Kashgar next week, but I've heard that the internet and international calls and texts are blocked.

Can anyone offer me further information? My husband and children will be home, here in the UK while I'm there, and I'm most concerned that they won't be able to contact me in an emergency or will worry when they don't hear from me.

Thanks.
Jul 23, 2009 19:30
GUEST21131 Communication was cut off shortly after the riots, and backto normal in just about one day, I have no problems contacting my friends there after July 7th, so don't worry about that.
Jul 24, 2009 03:15
  • SCLARE
Thank you for your response. Can I ask which country you live in, and what method you use to contact your friends? Thank you.
Jan 17, 2010 07:12
GUEST61117 actrually i saw news in china, it's just back lately. couple days only
and it's not really back to normal.still back part of, it's news from official website of china
Jun 28, 2011 00:57
  • MAYANLING
I am sure you can ctc your family by internet and phone, I just come back from Xinjiang as a tour guide, if you need a female tour guide in Xinjiang, pls ctc me ,my email is : hotmail.com|bestprime

Sarah
Post a Reply to: Communication in Xinjiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code