Menu
Is Hainan worth the travel?
Jul 24, 2009 02:01
  • RUSSEL
Hi,

In september I will be visiting China for 3 weeks with my wife. It will be our 2nd visit. During our first visit we went to Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Suzhou and a little village in Wenzhou (to visit my wife's family).

This time we planned the following:
Beijing
Xian
Wenzhou (family visit)
Maybe Guilin (we're not sure about it, since I get the feeling it will be like Nanning)
Nanning (I heard there is a great waterfall there)

And right now we're discussing if we should go to Hainan. We hear a lot of mixed experiences. Some say it is a beautiful bounty island, while others say it is only an average beach.
Can somebody advice us?
Should we go to Hainan or should we choose an other destiny? If so whoch other destiny should we pick??
Jul 24, 2009 03:37
  • BILLCAI
Hi Russel,
Sanya Hainan is a very nice city, the beach is very beautiful, it is worth to visit, but it is still very hot in Sep, the best time to visit there is in winter(Dec. or Jan.)
Wish you have a nice trip in China.
Bill
Jul 24, 2009 03:38
  • GLAMOURCHINA
I haven't been to hainan,from i heard ,the place is ok,at least it is ok,it is one of the worthy travel place in china ,^_^
you can alse see another scenery in china before you travel,

http://www.glamourchina.com/html/3580/I_ETIP.Html
http://www.glamourchina.com/html/3641/I_EYRQ.Html

I'm chinese ,the author of the website above,if you got another question ,ask me!

by the way , I'd like to go Hainan too,Guilin is good choice as well
Jul 24, 2009 03:48
GUEST54115 Hannai is worth for travel, i have been there during last china new year. it is known for beach ,coconut, and all kinds of fruits over there, also beautiful scenery. you may get chance for diving. watching thailand opera &Buddha etc.

Jul 24, 2009 07:29
  • JABAROOTOO
Depends on what you are expecting. There is far more to Hainan than the beaches. The best of which are in the south-east. Others are not too good but the interior of the island offers a variety of interests... Pleanty of reviews and other information online to google up

The 'falls' are not in Nanning but Detian which is south of the city on the border of Vietnam.

Attractions are not all in Guilin but in Yangshuo and Longsheng which are very different from each other and Nanning. Read all about them here in travel reveiws
Jul 24, 2009 22:49
  • ELLYSE
Why are you visiting Beijing again?
Jul 25, 2009 11:33
  • RUSSEL
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

Why are you visiting Beijing again?

Most international airports only go to Beijing or Shanghai. Out of those 2, I rather go to Beijing. Last visit I saw the wall, it was awesome and I want to go again because last year the weather was terrible.
And my wife wants to make pictures in a photostudio........ I told her it is hard to get an album in 3 weeks, but she think it's possible. I doubt it, but these are the reasons we go to Beijing again :)
Jul 30, 2009 00:32
  • ELLYSE
Ah ok. I was actually just wondering if you needed time for sightseeing, or if you were just transiting there.
Post a Reply to: Is Hainan worth the travel?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code