Menu
Teaching in Qindgao- want to meet some other expats!
Jul 24, 2009 20:36
  • EMMAA4506
Hi all,

I'm an Aussie girl, recently graduated with Business degree, who will be teaching in Qingdao from September till mid- January! I'm really excited and can't wait to check out Qingdao, I've read so many great things about it! I'm interested in flying in a little early to check out the Beer Festival at the end of August- do people think this would be worth while? I'm also looking to get in contact with some other expats who are/will be living in the city to maybe do some travelling with and hang out on the weekends!

Feel free to send me a message!
Emma :)
Aug 6, 2009 00:30
GUESTGERWIN Hi Emma!

I'm In Qingdao now, It's really great! I'll stay here until October. Do you still plan t go to the Beer Festival? If so, maybe we can go together. The beer festival is worth visiting if you like beer and as a foreigner it is not too expensive, I'm looking forward to go!

-Gerwin
Aug 6, 2009 19:35
GUESTGERWIN I'm Dutch and you can reach me on this number: 15965563887
Aug 6, 2009 20:38
GUEST11374 Hi Gerwin,

Nice to hear from you. Unfortunately I won't be in Qingdao for the Beer Festival, I'll miss out on it by 3 days, which I'm so disappointed about! I was really looking forward to checking it out and trying out some Tsingtao Beer! What do you do in Qingdao? I'm really excited about going to China and can't wait to explore Qingdao and the sights around Shandong Province!

-Emma
Aug 8, 2009 05:08
GUESTGERWIN Too bad you will miss it, but you will surely have many other oppurtunities to taste the Tsingtao beer and discover the nightlife! I'm doing a three month internship at an institute here in Qingdao. So far it is a great experience and the city has beautiful places! If you want to know more, you can contact me at gerwininholland [at] hotmail.com (also on msn messenger)

I hope you'll have a great time here too!

-Gerwin
Aug 21, 2009 08:32
  • AGUSTSIG
Hi Emma
I´ll arrive in Qingdao end of August and staying for appx. 4 months. I´ll be studying chinese with fellow students from Iceland and I believe we´re all on the same page - i.e. want to get the most out of the stay in Qingdao. If interested consider yourself invited to meet some Icelandic Vikings....
cheers,
Agust
Aug 25, 2009 22:25
GUEST83242 Dear Emma and Agust:

Hello and welcome! I am an American Chinese living in QD for almost a year now. QD is a wonderful place to meet people for all over the world as unlike Beijing and Shanghai, we have a more tight knit expat community here. If you guys need help, just shoot me an email @ hotmail.com|jowithoute. Good place to start looking for us will be at the Old Jack's bar on Yan Er Dao Lu, across from the Book City every Friday night after dinner.

Jo
Post a Reply to: Teaching in Qindgao- want to meet some other expats!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code