Menu
Late August travel to Pingyao, Datong, Huang Shan, and Jiuhua Shan
Jul 27, 2009 23:13
  • ALECESNE
Hey Strangers, I'm just looking around for potential travel companions for all or part of a trip between August 27th and September 5th who would be interested in any of the following destinations: Pingyao, Datong, Huang shan, Jiuhua shan, and possibly Nanjing. I'm departing from, and returning to Beijing. I'm very flexible about these plans, and if our schedules don't completely line up, we can always split company, and everything will still be great

I'm thinking of taking the 203 train out of Beijing to Pingyao, and a bus from there to Datong, and spending 3 days or so total in that area.
The next 5 days would be reserved for traveling to, and exploring the lovely clouded mountains of Huangshan, and the flowing beauty of Jiuhuashan.
I figure leaving an additional two days to explore Nanjing and get back to Beijing would be great, and if any of these destinations was particularly amazing, staying an extra day.

I'm 23, male, American (from Chicago), and going to be studying for a year at Renmin University in the fall. I've taken 4 years of Mandarin, so while not literate, can get buy reasonably well in China ( I've lived, worked and Studied there for about 6 months total over the last few years).

If you're an agreeable, intelligent, and reasonably interesting person looking to visit any of these destinations towards the end of the Summer, please post, and I'll get back to you. I'm sure any seasoned traveler has the confidence to go it alone, but my philosophy is that when things go wrong, if you're alone its a drag, but if you're with someone it magically becomes funny.

Hope to hear from you, and if you're reading this and can't travel with me, good luck with your voyages all the same

Post a Reply to: Late August travel to Pingyao, Datong, Huang Shan, and Jiuhua Shan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code