Menu
Nanning - Detian waterfall?
Jul 29, 2009 06:42
  • RUSSEL
Hi,

I'm planning to go to Nanning mid September. Well actually I want to go to the Detian Waterfalls and my assumption is that Nanning should be my base and I should travel from Nanning to the waterfalls.
I did some reading and I believe I have to take some busses to reach the waterfalls from Nanning. But I'm not sure if such trip can be done in 1 day? I'm not planning to go backpacking, so I want to leave my suitcase in the hotel if I go to the waterfalls.
So is it possible to do such a trip in 1 day? I believe no tours are organized from Nanning to the waterfalls.

Jul 31, 2009 11:18
  • WAHAHA111
I think it is not possible for a one day trip. Its takes more than 5 hours to go to detian waterfall by bus from Nanning. There are also many worth-visiting spots to go nearby.
Aug 3, 2009 05:11
  • RUSSEL
Quote:

Originally Posted by WAHAHA111

I think it is not possible for a one day trip. Its takes more than 5 hours to go to detian waterfall by bus from Nanning. There are also many worth-visiting spots to go nearby.

Can u suggest what will be the best option for us please?
And which spots are recommended?
Aug 3, 2009 09:29
  • WAHAHA111
I was doing a fieldtrip to Detian Waterfall which I also visited Shatun Waterfull, Tungling Valley, "Flying Clouds Over The Green Islands" and Daxin Mingshi Pastoral Scenery (sorry , i dunno the exact translation in Pinyin).

Our itinerary was HK--> Nanning->Daxin-->Detian -->Tungling Valley --> Daxin Mingshi Pastoral Scenery --> Daxin --->Nanning. I believe 3 days would be enough.

For your information, there are number of travel agents in HK operating package tours to Nanjing as well as Detian waterfalls. I believe there are also local tours in Nanning with tours to Detian.
May 3, 2012 10:37
GUESTCARLA Has anyone been to Detian falls from Nanning ? What can I see in a day ? Thanks for any info.I will be taking a train from Guilin and arriving at 6 am at Nanning. can I take a very late train back to Guilin the same day ?
May 3, 2012 20:52
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTCARLA

Has anyone been to Detian falls from Nanning ? What can I see in a day ? Thanks for any info.I will be taking a train from Guilin and arriving at 6 am at Nanning. can I take a very late train back to Guilin the same day ?

There is a direct bus from Langdong Bus Station to Detian Waterfalls. It departs at 08:30 every day. You may take it to visit the waterfalls. Ticket price: about CNY 50.

K1138/K1135 departs at 23:50 from Nanning Railway Station. This is the last train.

Search train schedule on this page:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/

Post a Reply to: Nanning - Detian waterfall?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code