Menu
Planning for Wenzhou Trip - September 2009
Aug 2, 2009 08:41
guestAlbert Khoo Hello,

I am planning a trip to Wenzhou for a party of four (my wife and both my in-laws are both aroung 65 years old but they are travel fit).

How many days is recommneded if we want to see all the main scenic areas like the Yandang Mountains, Nanxi River and Baizhangji & Feiyun Lake Scenic Areas.

Any recopmnedation on where to go as "must see" and where to avoid sicne it is a wate of time.

Our plan is to leave Shenzhen direc tto Wenzhou, what is the recommended mode of transportation - are there any budget airlines leaving Shenzhen direct for Wenzhou?

Are there any travel agency that can customised a tour gorup of 4 pax for our entire trip to Wenzhou?
Aug 2, 2009 20:49
  • SUSAN205060
Hello,

65years old? I don't suggest you to visit this destination.You may consider other scenic spots considering the ages.

Yours sincerely,
Susan

MSN:hotmail.com|Susan205060
Aug 8, 2009 10:39
  • JABAROOTOO
65 and travel fit. Wonderful

I'm taking my 80 year old mother and a 70 year old friend to Zhangjiajie next week.

What's the big deal?? Susan!!!! They can still enjoy the scenery, take the cable cars and climb a few steps. In fact a lot of steps probably. May even be able to out climb you too.

TCG might be able do a custom trip or have a look at CTRIP English.

Wenzhou is a pretty user friendly. you should be able to do it yourself with some help from Hotel. Sorry I have no other recommendations but don't be put off by the less energetic naysayers
Last edited by JABAROOTOO: Aug 8, 2009 10:40
Aug 11, 2009 22:40
  • SUSAN205060
Hi,JABAROOTOO ,

It is more suitable for young or middle age people for Climbing the mountain.

My concern is healthy and safety. Anyway, it is up to the personal decison.
We experience different cases ,this is why we say NO.(Of course, it is not right for all the old people, but most of old people are not suitable, you know that).

Bdgs&Tks,
Susan

Mar 9, 2011 20:43
  • MEGANJIN
The above post was several years ago, and I just happened to see it today, I am a local Wenzhou-ese, anyhow I hope my reply can be helpful to those who wish to visit WENZHOU in near future.
The main scenic areas which GUESTALB mentioned are worth to have a look, I have been study aboard for 3 years, what I can see in foreign country is very different from what I can experience in China, the same thing.
1. Yandang Mountains---takes a whole day, because it has daytime scenery, and wonderful night scenery. You can stay there for one night.
2. Nanxi River---one day is enough, you can stay in Wenzhou city center for one night.
3. Feiyun Lake Scenic Areas---two days.
The above scenic areas has lots of mountains,but not too high,you can enjoy different actitives there, so all worth to have a look, as they are very famous in Wenzhou.

Flight is the most fast way for you to take form SHENZHEN to WENZHOU, if you book the tickets earlier, the discount is very big.

Yes, there are lots of travel agency available. Last year during SEP, one friend from England come to visit me, I took her for traveling for 5 days, and visited most of the places with traveling agent, because most of the travelling agent here can only speak Chinese, so I am her translator. By the way, my friend is 62 years old, but very fit. Well, I think it just because of the different culture things, in UK, it is very frequent to see people above 70 are still working, enjoy the wonderful life, it is very good. Never too old to enjoy the life.
Anyway, wish everyone enjoy your trip in Wenzhou, if you have any questions, you can come to me, I am happy to help you out. Email: meganjin55 AT gmail dot com

Post a Reply to: Planning for Wenzhou Trip - September 2009
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code