Menu
Long distance love is doomed to have no result?
Aug 3, 2009 03:55
  • FAERYGIRL
Hi there,

“It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder”. Do you have confidence in long distance love? I doubt. Lovers who are apart in different places spend most of their time missing each other. Long distance love gives both sides the sense of unsafety. Some lovers in the long distance love has happy endings. A great many ended up with split-up. Last night, I talked with my pal via MSN. She confessed to me that she is having a hard time on her long distance love with her boyfriend and she wants to give up the long-distance relationship. She asked me for advice as we grew up together. I advised her to give up the long distance love cause I have seen so many long distance lovers ended up with heartbreak and separation. It was always girls get much more hurt when the long distance love finally comes to an end after a love marathon. I read a story a couple of weeks ago. It reports that a girl has been in love with her boyfriend for 9 years(long distance love), finally her boyfriend married with another girl(the girl has turned to 30+ old). She got heartbroken. Doubtless, she wasted her youth and feelings. It is difficult for girls who are 30s more year-old to find a suitable lifepartner in Chinese social context. The story thwarted my faith in long distance love. Consequently, I advised my pal to give up the long distance love.(She told me a group of guys around her are trying to court her). She said she needs to think it over. Today, I am upset and worried. I am not sure if I am right to give the “break-up” advice. I don’t want to see my close pal to be hurt in long distance love. Or am I am wrong? Can you give me some ideas?
Aug 4, 2009 01:23
GUESTCHERRY Does "long distance love" mean "异地恋”in Chinese? Long-distance relationship needs patience. Ask your friend if she has enough patience. Could they deal with the unpredictable changes with patience? A more important question for her to think: is his boyfriend trustworthy?The answer to this question is crucial for her decision.
Aug 5, 2009 04:08
  • SUNNYDREAM
FAERYGIRL, the answer to your question is negative but few lovers actually get through the distance of space-time. Absence makes heart grow fonder. Absense also makes two hearts feel alienated.
Aug 5, 2009 22:02
  • FADISH
I received such spam message as : I saw your profile at the communiy and became interested in you. Blah blah.Remember, distance, race and colour don't matter and only love matter". He/She didn't even see me and already fell in love with me! Unbelievable. These message-senders are suitable for long distance love. Or my profile is too attrative to them? Ha ha.
Aug 10, 2009 21:39
  • FAERYGIRL
Thank you for your inputs. My friend his made up her mind to continue their relationship. He said his BF was a trustworthy man. Now, all I can do is to make good wishes. May all the lovers's love last forever!
Aug 17, 2009 18:44
GUEST62855 Long distance relationships can be hard - but they are not impossible. We all have heard stories of couples in relationships for year and years only for one person to break up and then marry someone else soon after. That happens for local relationships just as much as long distance ones! I hope your friend has made the right decision - be supportive :)
www.coupledtogether.com has a great blog with advice for couples in long distance relationships.
Aug 17, 2009 21:14
  • ICEBLUE
"Love is easy but maintains the relationship is hard". Though I like George Eliot's lines"What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories." Distance does render a barrier for love.
Sep 6, 2009 22:45
  • SALSAFONDER
It depends. I have a boyfriend who is living in another nation. However, we can meet every two months. It is not too bad. Life is not easy, so i sepend the days and nights myself in most of time. I feel more lonely every weekends. Sometimes, i feel i am so unsafe without his accompany. We still keep on it.

He will come to me very soon, we both want to have a good discussion about our future.

Long distance is a problem, but as long as we both love each other, we have to face and overcome it.

I hope my anwser can give you some helps!
Sep 7, 2009 22:13
  • LEONARDO
The power of love is sometimes beyond imagination. FAERYGIRL and SALSAFONDER, wish love can overcome all the barriers. "All shall be well, Jack shall have Jill." I still love George Eliot's verse: What Greater Thing

What greater thing is there for two human souls,
than to feel that they are joined for life-
to strengthen each other in all labor,
to rest on each other in all sorrow,
to minister to each other in all pain,
to be one with each other
in silent unspeakable memories ...

George Eliot
(1819-1880)

Post a Reply to: Long distance love is doomed to have no result?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code