Menu
Your favourite Chinese food recipes
Aug 19, 2009 19:06
  • MARRIE
Talking of the hairy crab from Yangcheng Lake specifically, it is usually steamed, boiled and shelled before being eaten. Ever since the ancient times, eating crabs has been a refined pleasure which requires careful study. Imagine the tangerine crab cream, white jade-like grease, white and tender meat. Isn’t it delightful to eat them dipped in sugar, vinegar and ginger powder while inviting a couple of intimate friends for cups of good wine? Besides, it will be of a distinctive flavor to pick out crab meat and make with it noodles or steamed buns. Li Bai, a famous poet of the Tang Dynasty, once wrote in his poetry about the bliss of having good wine and delicious food while savoring crabs.

Aug 23, 2009 17:57
  • MARRIE
Shanghai drunk crab

Materials: 500 grams of live crab
Seasoning: Shao Xing wine/flavor liquor, salt, white sugar, onion, ginger, pepper, dried tangerine peel
Production: boiling water with salt, sugar, pepper, adding flavor liquor after cooling down, mixing thoroughly serving as drunk halogen. Cleaning crab (lake crab or sea crab), then draning water. Putting onion knot, ginger and dried tangerine peel on the bottom of a container, then putting live crab on the bottom layer of seasoning, and spreading the upper layer of spring onions, ginger and dried tangerine peel, after that pouring ready drunk halogen. Pressing with weights for better integration, being sealed and put in the freezer. The dish is to be ready in four days. Cutting the crab into pieces, pouring a little bit of drunk halogen and vinegar, then being served.

Aug 26, 2009 13:18
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

Kung pao is a nice dish, popular here in the west but not tasting like it does in China

The west lake fish sounds nice, does it have to be starved? cant it die with a full stomach

Very funny young David

Old Alan or Young Alan as Dodger calls me.
Nov 4, 2009 00:29
  • LUOHAO618
I like salmon very much and Salmon Mushroom Rice Recipe is my favorite. Here is the cooking method: http://homechineserecipes.com/rice/salmon-mushroom-rice.htm
Nov 4, 2009 22:30
  • HERBEAT
There are too many...^-^ It tastes great as long as it's food, haha.. Yolanda
Nov 5, 2009 00:41
  • DAVEC
I am sure there are many, but I am just trying to steal some recipes to try myself
Nov 9, 2009 10:45
  • HERBEAT
Well, just mix the things you like and most of the time you'll get something good. Well, at least I did so lots of times^-^
Feb 9, 2010 03:06
  • ZOE520530
oh, you guys make really hungry. i like spicy food and miss mom's stir fry chicken with hot chilli so much
Aug 10, 2011 17:28
  • JOEC10
Could you share her recipe with us? I ate at the Shanghai Cafe in New York a few days ago and had a magnificent stir-fry dish of chicken with dried red chilli peppers and fresh hot green chilli peppers. It was salty with a very light sweetness. Awesome! Would love to hear your mother's version.

Thanks.
Aug 16, 2011 04:53
  • ICEBERG
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEC10

Could you share her recipe with us? I ate at the Shanghai Cafe in New York a few days ago and had a magnificent stir-fry dish of chicken with dried red chilli peppers and fresh hot green chilli peppers. It was salty with a very light sweetness. Awesome! Would love to hear your mother's version.

Thanks.

I guess it is 辣子鸡丁(chicken cubes with chilli peppers).

Joec10, I will give you a recipe later.

Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Your favourite Chinese food recipes
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code